Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He’s probably looked at how Matty Cash has done with Poland, whilst Mings, Watkins and Ramsay are regularly passed over by Southgate for less in form managerial favourites.

I’d rather Konsa did declare for Portugal

• Like 2

Konsa will likely never get a look in for England, which is sad because he deserves it. But I’d rather our players declare for any other country they’re eligible for so they’re not tactically poisoned by Southgate, and can actually play and experience international football. It’s done wonders for Cash, and would for Konsa. 

• Like 1

I'd love to see him leading the back line for Portugal.

Would rather he played for no one but Villa of course.

Don't need Southgate getting hold of him and giving him all sorts of incorrect instructions.

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Konsa will likely never get a look in for England, which is sad because he deserves it. But I’d rather our players declare for any other country they’re eligible for so they’re not tactically poisoned by Southgate, and can actually play and experience international football. It’s done wonders for Cash, and would for Konsa. 

When Uniteds 9th choice centre back starts regardless of form then whats the point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Southgate or Roberto Martinez, tough choice that its probably easier to retire from international football

Apparently he can play for DR Congo or Angola too. Not ideal but possibly get better coaching 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

He’s probably looked at how Matty Cash has done with Poland, whilst Mings, Watkins and Ramsay are regularly passed over by Southgate for less in form managerial favourites.

I’d rather Konsa did declare for Portugal

I'm all for making us more " exotic "... Star Polish Fullbacks, Portuguese CB Fullback hybrids and the like.

• Like 1

One of the major reasons he wasn't picked for England was his ability on the ball. I understood that i could see that myself. But would always prefer a player who could defend rather than progress the ball.

But his improvment on the ball under Emery has been so good. So good infact he has to be in contention looking at the centre halfs England has.

On 28/08/2023 at 19:53, villan95 said:

Apparently he can play for DR Congo or Angola too. Not ideal but possibly get better coaching 😉

Possibly!? Definitely if we're talking about England/Southgate.

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2023 at 19:46, Tomaszk said:

I'd love to see him leading the back line for Portugal.

Would rather he played for no one but Villa of course.

Don't need Southgate getting hold of him and giving him all sorts of incorrect instructions.

I'd love to hear our players' thoughts when they go from Unai's instructions to Southgate's.

2 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Konsa playing at right back will massively increase his chances of getting called up to the England squad. 

It won’t it will just be another excuse I can see it now , “I can’t pick Ezri now we were looking to add a Centre Back but now we view him as Right Back and we’re already stacked in that position”

16 hours ago, Oaks said:

One of the major reasons he wasn't picked for England was his ability on the ball. I understood that i could see that myself. But would always prefer a player who could defend rather than progress the ball.

But his improvment on the ball under Emery has been so good. So good infact he has to be in contention looking at the centre halfs England has.

You say that but then Southgate's justification for his boring full back choices was 'The first job has to be to defend'

43 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It won’t it will just be another excuse I can see it now , “I can’t pick Ezri now we were looking to add a Centre Back but now we view him as Right Back and we’re already stacked in that position”

i think its a joke as southgate often calls up and plays too many right backs

1 minute ago, Anything11 said:

i think its a joke as southgate often calls up and plays too many right backs

Yes I know but he’d find any excuse regardless if it were Konsa same as he di with Ben White last season. Something along with the lines of not shifting players out of position despite Playing Kyle Walker at CB and Trippier at LB.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â