Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Massively overrated. Can't hide behind the fact he isn't Tyrone Mings this season. 

Konsa is our worst defender and shouldn't be anywhere near ahead of Chambers in the pecking order let alone Mings. 

• Like 1

He’s a good lad and is adequate back up in case of injury/suspension or coming off the bench but not in any sane world is he starting ahead of Mings.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Lost the initial header for the first goal. 

Ran out more concerned about protecting his bollocks instead of stopping the cross for the second.

Yet will be the first to flap his arms and/or slap the turf when the ball goes in our net and look like he's passing blame.

Watching the highlights again today has made me really annoyed at him.

He was great two years ago and awful last year. Shouldn't have been anywhere near the starting line up without the injury, let along being rushed back from it. 

• Like 3

Utterly bizarre to start him yesterday. If Mings isn’t going to play, then you start Chambers. At no point should Konsa have even been in the discussion to start yesterday and yet here we are.

Almost as baffling a decision as giving McGinn the captaincy. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think he played himself out of the side and it was odd to have him in the first eleven.

Mings and Carlos for me, if not Mings then Chambers.

In fairness we said similar last season and Gerrard still picked him, he had some stinkers then Chambers came in played well. next game Konsa was picked again

replace Chambers with Buendia or Sanson or Young and you see our problem is huge

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Utterly bizarre to start him yesterday. If Mings isn’t going to play, then you start Chambers. At no point should Konsa have even been in the discussion to start yesterday and yet here we are.

Almost as baffling a decision as giving McGinn the captaincy. 

Agree with this 100%, I was not expecting Konsa to be in the starting eleven at all. Firstly, his form for the last twelve months has been questionable and secondly he has not long returned from a long term injury so wasn't sure of his fitness. Personally, I was expecting Mings to start with Carlos, but if not Mings then Chambers would have been my next choice.

One of my massive gripes of  last season was how many times we conceded the first goal in the first twenty minutes. I think I counted 10-12 games lst season we were a goal down within the first twenty minutes, and statistically the first goal in a game is usually crucial in the PL. Here we are again, only this time less than five minutes into the first game of the season we are chasing a game again. If we want to be top 8 then this needs to change!

Â