Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s ok. 

Just depends how ambitious we are as a club. Konsa could be our centre half for the next 5 years and he’d be ‘ok’.

Not good enough for a side that want to fight for Europe though. 

Surely same criteria for Mings?

I think we just need to get a new DM for sure and probably fresh legs as an 8 and then see where the defence is next January. 

They might just surprise you.

I saw a stat no twitter that only Liverpool, Chelsea, and Man City have kept more clean sheets than us since the start of last season, Konsa has played a big part in that and that's why he comes straight back into the team when Chambers or Hause do okay in his absence, or even if he has a few disappointing games himself, because he's so proven over a lenghty period of time.

8 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Don't think Luiz helped him in the 1st half with some of his passing to him today.

As VC said earlier. get a proper CDM in front of the defence, i don't think the defence is too bad

Isnt this the issue with Konsa? An allegedly superior DM will also pass back to him as well to try make angles but Konsa doesnt read it or have the technique at the moment to distribute

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surely same criteria for Mings?

I think we just need to get a new DM for sure and probably fresh legs as an 8 and then see where the defence is next January. 

They might just surprise you.

Mings is a far better player though.

if we are bringing in a CB, it’s got to be a right sided one.

take the captaincy and extra responsibility so mings can just concentrate on his own game; and he’s a proper player. 

Didn’t put a foot wrong again yesterday. 

• Like 1

Much focus is on getting a new DM, but that won’t solve all our current issues in the defensive third. Watching Martinez, Konsa and Mings try playing out from the back feels very much like watching Bambi on ice.

Konsa is worse than Mings at this, but Martinez isn’t great at it either tbf. If SG wants us to keep playing through the press those players need to improve.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Much focus is on getting a new DM, but that won’t solve all our current issues in the defensive third. Watching Martinez, Konsa and Mings try playing out from the back feels very much like watching Bambi on ice.

Konsa is worse than Mings at this, but Martinez isn’t great at it either tbf. If SG wants us to keep playing through the press those players need to improve.

But maybe it will

If the DMC is showing for a simple 5 to 10 yard pass then those 3 will hopefully start using him 

DMC for me is all about off the ball movement, both in terms of making himself available for a simple pass when we have the ball and positioning and pressing to cut off passing when we don't, it's not about a big strong guy who tackles

• 2 weeks later...

He's lucky it's just the one goal he cost us. He hasn't been good enough for quite some time. Chambers is probably more trusted right now, so I'd be looking to bring in a better CB and have Chambers as the backup, Konsa would be moved on if it were up to me.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's lucky it's just the one goal he cost us. He hasn't been good enough for quite some time. Chambers is probably more trusted right now, so I'd be looking to bring in a better CB and have Chambers as the backup, Konsa would be moved on if it were up to me.

I agree. He'd be an improvement on Fulham's usual dismal CB selection, maybe they could take him. 

I'm so disappointed in Ezri. Every player goes through bad form. His has come at such a bad time though, Gerrards itching to get new players in at CB and hes going to play himself out of a starting spot that shouldn't have been up for debate.

When Chambers was signed permanently over real, true competition for Ezri's place - he should've been able to be starter for years. Chambers is better than we all expected for £0-3m but he wasn't really expected to challenge for a start. It's not like we thought we'd signed a true quality CB thay should unseat Konsa.

Going into bad form as a new manager joins and looking like half the player he's capable of being though is going to come back and bite him on the ass.

And it's going to cost us money we don't really need to (or atleast, shouldn't really need to) spend. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â