Matt Targett

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thanks....

I am bit old fashioned, in my thinking, I know that.....even though I watch so much modern English football and have morphed watching the game, every season.....I still come back to old values, when required and I believe, modern managers do too.

Attitude scores high on the attributes chart for me, where as doing a "Rabona" as delightful on the eye as it is, is a lot lower in my ratings.

I rate the basics, very high indeed.....and in times when things go wrong, many managers talk about going back to them.....The same in most sports.

Yes I can see that through many of your posts, you we're obviously around when Ron Saunders was in charge so you know what it takes to be a successful Villa manager (I was 5 at the time so don't quite remember the glory years :().

Let's hope Gerrard has what it takes to get us into Europe again and win us a trophy or two! At the end of the day that's what we ALL want 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Yes I can see that through many of your posts, you we're obviously around when Ron Saunders was in charge so you know what it takes to be a successful Villa manager (I was 5 at the time so don't quite remember the glory years :().

Let's hope Gerrard has what it takes to get us into Europe again and win us a trophy or two! At the end of the day that's what we ALL want 🙏

I believe SG can see what some of us all see....but he can't do what he wants to do, in the manner, he wants to do it, until the summer. He will continue with our enigma of a squad, until he can fix it.

I think we will continue with this inconsistent play, until we get the players in to change it.

In Matts case, I think he could see clearly what he wanted and didn't see it in him....thats SG's call.....That move maybe seem a bit premature to us, but for what his overall plan is, and when he implements it, the Digne signing may make more sense.

sometimes in rebuilds, players become available and they don't always make sense, to us.....but in his plan, it may seem so plausible.

Matt Targett has been ok for us.....but we have to move on.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I like Targett but no chance he becomes a Scotland regular. Its the one position they are stacked with Robertson, Tierney and now Hickey

He probably has a better chance declaring for England 😂

Robertson is a shoe in at left back but Scotland deploy Tierney as a left sided CB. Has been outstanding there for Scotland. Hickey is still very raw. I think if Targett chooses us, if we qualify for World Cup, if he plays his part in warm up games, I think he would go to World Cup as Robertson’s replacement. Tierney would stay as left CB. Lots of ifs there I know. 

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

While no doubt they would make a cute couple, that’s not the “real” Villareport (32 followers).

Edit - to provide further evidence of this deception, the previous two tweets from that account were claims that Sanson was out injured for the rest of the season due to cutting himself shaving, and Cash would miss a game due to penis reduction surgery.

Thank you, appreciate it 😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

While no doubt they would make a cute couple, that’s not the “real” Villareport (32 followers).

Edit - to provide further evidence of this deception, the previous two tweets from that account were claims that Sanson was out injured for the rest of the season due to cutting himself shaving, and Cash would miss a game due to penis reduction surgery.

Why can I not see a visible difference between their Twitter handles? Confusing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why can I not see a visible difference between their Twitter handles? Confusing.

I’ve had a quick look, it seems you can do a little trick to have the same handle by using a Gmail account and by typing in a few additional characters.

Sneaky.

• Shocked 1

Howe refusing to comment on a permanent deal, it seems.

No panic though - 'no comment' isn't a bad thing, and if I was Howe I'd be waiting to see if a better player was available, or keep Villa in suspense so we don't say £30m! Although Newcastle fans seem to really like him.

I reckon he's gone from here in any event, and Young will get a new deal with Chisrene in reserve (I think he needs a loan next season).

And the loan to a club doing well whilst he's been there, with an improved defence will have do a lot more for his transfer value than him sitting on our bench for a few months (we didn't know Digne would be injured) 

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Howe refusing to comment on a permanent deal, it seems.

No panic though - 'no comment' isn't a bad thing, and if I was Howe I'd be waiting to see if a better player was available, or keep Villa in suspense so we don't say £30m! Although Newcastle fans seem to really like him.

I reckon he's gone from here in any event, and Young will get a new deal with Chisrene in reserve (I think he needs a loan next season).

And the loan to a club doing well whilst he's been there, with an improved defence will have do a lot more for his transfer value than him sitting on our bench for a few months (we didn't know Digne would be injured) 

If Young gets a new deal and is ant way involved next season on the playing side Purslow and Gerrard should be sacked.

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If Young gets a new deal and is ant way involved next season on the playing side Purslow and Gerrard should be sacked.

Lucky for us they make rational well thought out decisions 

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Lucky for us they make rational well thought out decisions 

How would having Young as back up next season be in anyway a well thought out decision?

Digne gets a 3 monther first game of the season?

Relegation fight it is!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I wonder what happens with Targett if Newcastle sign Bakker. It seems like there’s more reports of Newcastle being unsure about signing Targett.

If Targett returns we will look very very stupid for loaning a player to a rival team, starts weekly and potentially finishing above us

Would be another X on the management team and Purslow the negotiator

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Targett returns we will look very very stupid for loaning a player to a rival team, starts weekly and potentially finishing above us

Would be another X on the management team and Purslow the negotiator

Nah I wouldn't be putting any blame on them for this one tbh. He made it very clear straight away he didn't want to be here playing second fiddle to Digne. He decided he didn't want to fight for his place. Looking at it from his perspective I guess he was right to look after number one, but as a fan we have the luxury of saying if you don't have the bottle for a fight then piss off. The club went with someone who wanted to be here. Targett will move somewhere in the summer and everyone can move on. It's not always the fault of someone or other. Sometimes stuff just happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Nah I wouldn't be putting any blame on them for this one tbh. He made it very clear straight away he didn't want to be here playing second fiddle to Digne. He decided he didn't want to fight for his place. Looking at it from his perspective I guess he was right to look after number one, but as a fan we have the luxury of saying if you don't have the bottle for a fight then piss off. The club went with someone who wanted to be here. Targett will move somewhere in the summer and everyone can move on. It's not always the fault of someone or other. Sometimes stuff just happens.

This is the most likely scenario.  I think he's burned his bridges here, so will probably move on to another Premier League club even if Newcastle don't buy him.  Any bottom/mid PL club who needs an LB could be in for him.

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is the most likely scenario.  I think he's burned his bridges here, so will probably move on to another Premier League club even if Newcastle don't buy him.  Any bottom/mid PL club who needs an LB could be in for him.

Yep, he's now played in 2 squads who were in relegation trouble who have got out of it so he's proved his credibility if you're a club who wants to try and stay in the PL. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep, he's now played in 2 squads who were in relegation trouble who have got out of it so he's proved his credibility if you're a club who wants to try and stay in the PL. 

But didn't have the bottle to pay in front of crowds apparently:D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One of the promoted teams might take a punt on him as the look to sign PL quality to stay up.

• Like 1

Â