Matt Targett

villan-scott

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not sure why people think 12m or 15m or whatever it is is bad value. If Villa were selling Target at an undervalue fee then why isn't there a queue of other clubs putting. in bids? 

Because we're selling to a side who have unlimited resources and already finished above us despite having a much worse squad.

The damage was done in January really. The whole thing should have been sorted then, when they were bottom and desperate.

Not a bad deal. Not a good deal.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That struck me too. Signing Matt Target screams of 'transitional project' - were I a jawdie I might wonder how long the transition is intended to be.  

That's what i see too, 2 years time and 6/7 places up the league they go for the CL level LB

They ain't getting that player this summer unless they throw cash at him, the overspend there would probably be worse than the money they'll burn on Targett 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Because we're selling to a side who have unlimited resources and already finished above us despite having a much worse squad.

The damage was done in January really. The whole thing should have been sorted then, when they were bottom and desperate.

Not a bad deal. Not a good deal.

Toon don't have unlimited resources, they are subject to FFP like the rest of us and they are trying to build a better squad. What should have been sorted in Jan? It is being reported that the fee was agreed in the loan deal in Jan

52 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e349de1fcui7m70qjf

you know what I mean 

I do. But let's be honest, the players we could sell for profit are ones we want to keep. The players we're looking to sell are fringe players who's value is decreasing due to not performing (through not playing, injury or loans), contract length decreasing and us actively looking to move them on. Very rare to make a profit on those players unless you got them for a bargain yourself.

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Toon don't have unlimited resources, they are subject to FFP like the rest of us and they are trying to build a better squad. What should have been sorted in Jan? It is being reported that the fee was agreed in the loan deal in Jan

They have near-on unlimited resources, FFP or not. 

A better fee should have been sorted in January. They were bottom of the table and that desperate they paid £30m for Chris Wood. Chris Wood!!

£20m should have been the lowest we got from these murderers.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Seems very low number given that we bought him for just a shade under that. Since he joined, he has been a consistent PL player and our player of the season. Was hoping for 20-25M

I was hoping my Missus would bring around a friend of hers for a threesome tonight but realistically that doesn't look like happening

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have near-on unlimited resources, FFP or not. 

A better fee should have been sorted in January. They were bottom of the table and that desperate they paid £30m for Chris Wood. Chris Wood!!

£20m should have been the lowest we got from these murderers.

Villa have near on unlimited resources if you consider Toon to have. And FFP does matter

• Haha 1

£15mil for a player that doesn't want to be here.

Two good things coming from this then, as in my opinion this means we'll be signing another more attack minded LWB to replace Targett.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

£15mil for a player that doesn't want to be here.

Two good things coming from this then, as in my opinion this means we'll be signing another more attack minded LWB to replace Targett.

A magician with a wand of a left foot perhaps

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Wes said:

Yep. Apart from Grealish, haven't sold any player for over £10m for 6 years. That's quite the statistic.

2 players since 2011

We bought more 10 million plus players from Brentford in that time 😂

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Villa have near on unlimited resources if you consider Toon to have. And FFP does matter

What? No.

This is a good deal for Newcastle. An average one for Villa.

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

A magician with a wand of a left foot perhaps

Villa ideally want to bring in an experienced prospect to provide competition and cover for Lucas Digne, the £25million January signing who will start next season as their No.1 choice at left-back.

A number of potential targets have been identified, though Nantes’ Quentin Merlin is not thought to be among them.

What? No.

This is a good deal for Newcastle. An average one for Villa.

Toon get a midtable PL left back that we replaced with Digne and we get money to buy another player to improve our squad further. I prefer the way this worked out for Villa than it did for Newcastle

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â