Matt Targett

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Not really sure why people have an issue with this. Recouping the money we paid for a player we no longer need is exactly what we need to start doing. Other than Grealish, I bet this is the first player weve sold for more than £10mil in years. Probably since Dwight Yorke. Haha.

Seriously though is it since Benteke, that's mad if so given that weve signed about 76 players for more than £10mil?

This is it! 

As much as I love our business so far, this summer it’s important to maximise our sales. It’s not going to happen with a few of the players we want gone this summer, but trying to at least break even is a good start.

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Not really sure why people have an issue with this. Recouping the money we paid for a player we no longer need is exactly what we need to start doing. Other than Grealish, I bet this is the first player weve sold for more than £10mil in years. Probably since Dwight Yorke. Haha.

Seriously though is it since Benteke, that's mad if so given that weve signed about 76 players for more than £10mil?

Looking at transfermarkt i think benteke is the last. and then before that it was young + downing. That is some embarrassing business. 

Just now, PeterSw said:

£17m total isn't a bad deal for Matt Targett. He's a decent played but quite limited. We've essentially paid £8m to upgrade him to Lucas Digne

Sure, it isn't bad. Compared to what they paid for Chris Wood and Dan Burn it's also not great. If it even is the fee at all, because it's just complete guesswork that this is the fee. I've got no idea why an annual loan fee of £10m for Targett has been taken as likely.

• Like 1

If Newcastle bring in Renan Lodi from Atletico he will be number 2 again like he was here so what makes him any better off than he was here exactly?

I'd take any money for him at this point anyway just want to be rid of him so we can sign a promising LB to challenge Digne.

Edited by AshVilla

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If Newcastle bring in Lodl he will be number 2 again like he was here so what makes him any better off than he was here exactly?

I'd take any money for him at this point anyway just want to be rid of him so we can sign a promising LB to challenge Digne.

He is first choice LB at Toon. 

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

For once, can we make a profit on a player 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866resxfbwsa5adprjw6

Grealish? >_>

Honestly given Newcastle's vast wealth, I would have expected them to aim higher than Targett. Nothing against him, by all accounts he was a solid performer for them towards the end of last season. I find it odd that they aren't looking elsewhere with the wealth at their disposal. 

We paid £11.5M for him, the rest was made up in add ons, but we don't know if the requirements for those add ons were met. So £12m plus whatever loan we fee got would probably mean a profit, or at least getting back close to what we paid for him.

Besides not sure why people are so ready to believe the £12m fee, it's come from Simon Jones at the Daily Mail, not the most reliable of sources, yesterday we had Gregg Evans saying we were no longer interested in Bissouma, and that was met with pages of people ridiculing Evans' 'ITK' credentials, but he's a lot more reliable than Simon Jones when it comes to Villa, if you're going to question Evans' story, then only makes sense that this story should also be questioned.

For years we've been absolutely useless at selling players that we wanted to sell and usually ended up giving them away for free. I very much welcome this new approach of being able to sell players for a fee. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We paid £11.5M for him, the rest was made up in add ons, but we don't know if the requirements for those add ons were met. So £12m plus whatever loan we fee got would probably mean a profit, or at least getting back close to what we paid for him.

Besides not sure why people are so ready to believe the £12m fee, it's come from Simon Jones at the Daily Mail, not the most reliable of sources, yesterday we had Gregg Evans saying we were no longer interested in Bissouma, and that was met with pages of people ridiculing Evans' 'ITK' credentials, but he's a lot more reliable than Simon Jones when it comes to Villa, if you're going to question Evans' story, then only makes sense that this story should also be questioned.

No one is less reliable than Gregg Evans.

I would listen to Paul the score predicting octopus over Evans and I think he might be dead now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

How long have you been here? You should know by now that the logic of VTers is based upon how much fish punage you can get out of it. Unfortunately Gregg Evens has non, and Salmon Jones as more. There go, Jones is more reliable. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865pejs8k59e8x8pi6ku

18 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Honestly given Newcastle's vast wealth, I would have expected them to aim higher than Targett. Nothing against him, by all accounts he was a solid performer for them towards the end of last season. I find it odd that they aren't looking elsewhere with the wealth at their disposal. 

That struck me too. Signing Matt Target screams of 'transitional project' - were I a jawdie I might wonder how long the transition is intended to be.  

Gregg Evans via the athletic is one of the more reliable journalists, he gets things wrong but so do most most of them. Just seems he's become a pantomine villain type figure on here and people blindly bash him no matter what because they see other people doing it. If you're going to question Evans' stories then certainly should do the same to Simon Jones vial the Daily Mail, because Evans will have a much better track record than Jones does.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Gregg Evans via the athletic is one of the more reliable journalists, he gets things wrong but so do most most of them. Just seems he's become a pantomine villain type figure on here and people blindly bash him no matter what because they see other people doing it. If you're going to question Evans' stories then certainly should do the same to Simon Jones vial the Daily Mail, because Evans will have a much better track record than Jones does.

He is reliable because he gets things wrong 😉

I think we made a right mess of this deal. The deal should have been obligation to buy for 18m in the summer if they stayed up.

They were desperate in jan, had the money they probably would have agreed to it. Instead we are selling them a pretty decent left back to the worlds richest clubs. Very shit on my opinion

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â