Matt Targett

villan-scott

Think tonight is sort of game that shows how bad his crossing actually is. Must've been 5-6 times he had space and just hit a flat and low cross that hit the first defender. Poor and Cash isn't much better on other side.

Hopefully we can sign a FB in one of next two windows who can hit in decent high crosses for the strikers to get on the end of.

1 minute ago, sne said:

I like they guy but it's physically painful to watch the guy try to "sprint" It's like his knees doesn't bend or something.

He’s a good player but he’s no athlete, he looks like he’s trying to run through mud.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Painfully slow and relies too much on last ditch sliding tackles.

Very desperate defending.

We're in badly need of an upgrade at LB.

Not really. I think he's probably the best tackler in the team. He goes to ground a lot but it is the timing of the challenge. They are not last ditch. They are calculated. He always wins them. Second the ball is played behind him ir a runner goes in behind I know he's going to win the ball.

It's not luck. He always wins it. I'm never worried.

• Like 1

Seemed to be playing with him as the creative winger again today, like we did with Smith. He crosses balls into oblivion, this is half the reason we couldn't get a goal today. It's never worked and is not about to start working. he need to stay in his left back position.

Edited by foreveryoung

Just now, Chine said:

Had a real bad game today , poor crossing ,beat for pace , out of position in the basics when crosses coming into our box from the left , looked way off 

Tbf he's looked way off it all season imo.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really. I think he's probably the best tackler in the team. He goes to ground a lot but it is the timing of the challenge. They are not last ditch. They are calculated. He always wins them. Second the ball is played behind him ir a runner goes in behind I know he's going to win the ball.

It's not luck. He always wins it. I'm never worried.

Unless it's Lukaku

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

First player I would upgrade after finding a class DM.

Me too.

Not good enough for where we want to be.

Played in poor Southampton team and Fulham team...not going to improve.

Poor positioning sense...and it kills us...allows to many crosses amd space to be attacked by wingers.

4 hours ago, Chasetown Villa said:

New left back in January please. This guy isn’t good enough for where we want to be.

January is too soon. Now we need to be careful who to get. We need a proper upgrade rather than a change for the sake of it. Targett is a PL quality although not for European places.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â