Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 minute ago, sne said:

Bit worrying thou if we've spent £14m or whatever on a LB who isn't better than the rather average and limited Taylor.

It's just how the marked is. You need to look abroad for cheaper options.

Buying Premier League players is how it is.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Bit worrying thou if we've spent £14m or whatever on a LB who isn't better than the rather average and limited Taylor.

And that he's now injured to boot.

Time to worry about that money is long gone. It's only about who's the best now.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He's played 43 minutes and has been deemed not better than Taylor and a worrying signing.

Is this a VillaTalk record?

Edited by bobzy

Just now, bobzy said:

He's played 43 minutes and has been deemed not better than Taylor and a worrying signing.

I thought he looked poor all pre season as well, it's not just this game i am afraid.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Time to worry about that money is long gone. It's only about who's the best now.

Since Targett is injured I assume Taylor is best now.

He's also our only LB.

Yes we have CB's who can fill in maybe. Not ideal thou.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He's not been deemed anything.

He is injured thou.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I thought he looked poor all pre season as well, it's not just this game i am afraid.

he wasnt poor all pre season, he just didnt excel.

why are we so set on someone being terrible or amazing?, there are numerous levels in between and Targett was broadly in the "ok" section tbh.

• Like 3

I think he will be fine. Some players will just settle quicker than others but he needs to be given time.

It wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't been 100% either, hence his lack of inclusion over the first 3 games.  

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

he wasnt poor all pre season, he just didnt excel.

why are we so set on someone being terrible or amazing?, there are numerous levels in between and Targett was broadly in the "ok" section tbh.

The people who were shooting their load over how Jota was in pre season are the same who wrote him off after 2 games. It's fickle. To write off targett already is absolutely insane.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The people who were shooting their load over how Jota was in pre season are the same who wrote him off after 2 games. It's fickle. To write off targett already is absolutely insane.

Who wrote off Jota after 2 games? 

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't know them by name. Go to his thread and look back at the comments after the spurs and to a lesser degree Bournemouth game. It's there.

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I actually don’t remember him being written off after two games but I do remember him being written off after one for being too slow. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â