Matt Targett

villan-scott

I think he's looked good, definitely an upgrade on Taylor, but hasn't really wowed me either.

Will reserve judgement til he gets a run of a games with a better player than Green in-front of him. 

Do like his attacking intent though.

• Like 2

Looking at targett and Guilbert, targett looks comfortable and competent, where as Guilbert looks more dynamic and dangerous.

But also Guilbert looks like he has a mistake or two in him (losing the ball in a fairly dangerous area trying to play), where targett looks pretty stable.

Just from the Walsall game that observation.

Regardless targett is a huge upgrade on Taylor, targett looks very comfortable on the ball and can cross.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

It was much easier for Guilbert to get forward with Jota dropping inside and creating space for him. Don't forget Guilbert had a much better footballer playing with him. 

I haven't been particularly impressed with Targett, but he has done nothing wrong yet and as I said he's clearly a far superior technician to Taylor. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was much easier for Guilbert to get forward with Jota dropping inside and creating space for him. Don't forget Guilbert had a much better footballer playing with him. 

I haven't been particularly impressed with Targett, but he has done nothing wrong yet and as I said he's clearly a far superior technician to Taylor. 

i think thats the big thing for me, he hasnt done anything spectacular, which may becuase he hasnt had an El Ghazi/Trez ahead of him like Guilbert has Jota as you say.

But, even if he has done nothing spectacular, he is far far more comfortable on the ball than taylor, and targett actually sprays the ball around comfortably, where is i always cringe when the ball goes towards taylor, where as i never got that with targett, he passes it around well if not spectacularly.

Tarqett imo is a big upgrade on taylor, and we might see more from him when he has el ghazi or trez playing ahead of him.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He looks the same as Taylor. 

He really doesn't. He is much better at correctly moving the ball going forward. Much. Things just to quicker and we end up creating more. 

I think he's an all round steady eddie. A weekly 7-8 out of 10 player, with maybe a couple of 6's. I think he is a great addition and what we really need behind our wide players. Really been impressed with him and Freddy. Both different but both very solid and competent early doors. 

• Like 1

There is a time and place to judge players, during friendlies is definitely not the time, every year there seems to be some youngsters that shine who just arent good enough, for instance hepburn-Murphy and some quality players that dont shine, for instance John McGinn has not looked great, but I know who will most likely perform better once the season gets started.

Targett hasn't done much wrong or good, but it is obvious to see that he'll fit a Dean Smith team perfectly, can't wait to see him playing in the prem with a fully fit first 11

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Walsall v Villa I think. 

Out of all the new signings I’ve seen today he’s impressed me the least.

I just watched bulk of game and Targett was very assured. One early pass he pinged was outrageous. Hourihane was lowlight for me. Still looks like he's lost at sea in DM. Really hope we don't play him there. Lansbury who I wrote off ages ago impressed

Edited by Kiwivillan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â