Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

I didn't have an issue getting through the turnstile, but I did notice there was no staff member there to assist if anyone did get stuck. Presumably if your ticket doesn't work for whatever reason you're just stuck there holding everyone up

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Got to the North Stand for about 7:15pm and the queue was insane. Ended up getting in at about 7:50 so thankfully managed to catch the walkouts. So many people getting stuck at the turnstiles, which only made me even more nervous that I was gonna be one of the ones to get stuck as well and have people shouting at me (thankfully didn't happen...)

I'm not really sure how this'll end up getting fixed.

You really shouldn't be waiting over half an hour to enter VP whichever stand you're queueing to get in. Hope everyone made walkout/kick off in the end but probably not looking at that queue outside the Holte that was posted at 7.35pm.

The North Stand dosen't really have enough turnstiles to enter the ground to avoid bottlenecks so with the new E-Ticket it only takes on turnstile to be patchy and you've got huge issues. Also everyone can only enter the North stand walking up the ramp now.

It really needs to be knocked down and rebuilt sooner or later.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I assume this is the company Pete ( Holy Trinity ) is always promoting?

Yep....I was just jesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't have an issue getting through the turnstile, but I did notice there was no staff member there to assist if anyone did get stuck. Presumably if your ticket doesn't work for whatever reason you're just stuck there holding everyone up

I went in the Trinity Road stand with my 79 year old father. I got through no problems whatsoever, the tech was working fine. I talked my Dad through the process on the walk to the ground as he had difficulties against Everton. He is not too bad with modern tech, but he still struggled as he wasn't holding his phone up correctly to the reader so the phone and wallet had locked on him as it probably wanted facial recognition. He had turned the phone round like he was trying to scan a QR code.

I was talking him through it from the other side of the turnstiles as no operators were about to advise. We were one of the first into the ground at about 6:30pm so it didn't hold many people up at that time, but imagine similar issues happening multiple times later on with a bigger crowd gathering and kick off fast approaching. I am hoping it will be third time lucky for him when we play Bologna. 🤞😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You really shouldn't be waiting over half an hour to enter VP whichever stand you're queueing to get in. Hope everyone made walkout/kick off in the end but probably not looking at that queue outside the Holte that was posted at 7.35pm.

The North Stand dosen't really have enough turnstiles to enter the ground to avoid bottlenecks so with the new E-Ticket it only takes on turnstile to be patchy and you've got huge issues. Also everyone can only enter the North stand walking up the ramp now.

It really needs to be knocked down and rebuilt sooner or later.

Not a small thing though Chris.

Perhaps we can ground share, with the Blues, when they get their Behemoth stadium.........................Er yes, Gallows Humour.

seriously......There needs to be a medium/long term plan to work to.....either new stadium, or major enhancement.

Either way, we can't keep kicking the can down the road. We have to have something to aim for.

The Authorities are either going to come to the party or not, on Infrastructure issues.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yet in the Doug Ellis against Wolves there was literally 4 people on my turnstile telling people what to do, might have been 5 actually with the searchers.

Also they're going mental on the searching nowadays. Relax.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Got to the North Stand for about 7:15pm and the queue was insane. Ended up getting in at about 7:50 so thankfully managed to catch the walkouts. So many people getting stuck at the turnstiles, which only made me even more nervous that I was gonna be one of the ones to get stuck as well and have people shouting at me (thankfully didn't happen...)

I'm not really sure how this'll end up getting fixed.

My Dad pointed out the crowds gathering behind the NS from out seat in the Upper Trinity block A7. Glad to hear you made it in in time, there is nothing worse than being stuck outside the ground when the match is about to start, especially with the magnitude of the occasion and the build up with Champions League theme and all that.

We attended a league cup match against Spurs back in the 80's when we were in division two and missed the first five minutes of that match. I remember it well as a young lad, hearing the roar as we scored early and I was still stuck outside. We went on to win 1-0, so not too bad in the end as the result was the right one. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Once again I marvel at why the Holte Fan Park is right where you have to queue to get in and in the middle of cross ground walking routes instead of out of the way by The Holte Pub. 

I arrived about 1845 and walked over towards it and realised it would be quicker getting a pint inside, so I did that instead. It really is in a stupid place

• Like 1

My ticket I put in my wallet worked ok, mates didn’t scan, the girl in the pink hi-viz to help, told him to click the pass details bit and scan the QR code which worked

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â