Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

44 minutes ago, picicata said:

What time did you start queuing to get in?

I had exactly the same and got in about the same time and started queueing at 2:30 pm

3rd game running now with big ques which fail to move for north stand upper. Nobody seems to be learning, there is only one turnstile when there used to be 2 in the same space, machines routinely go down, people not knowing how to get through, staff standing around generally being useless and not being proactive…..just seems a terrible situation all-round and the club don’t care as they’ve got the money already 

I got to lower holte at 2:20 and was in within minutes, granted I don’t have a season ticket (which generally seems to be an issue ) but the amount of people seen fumbling with phones at the reader (trying to find wallet, scrolling through tickets, can’t unlock phone, not knowing which part of phone houses the nfc tag) is crazy, just take a couple of minutes to prep yourself at any point prior,  you might even find your happier in the long run.

The expired pass issue is two fold, without going to technical it is often that either auto updates are off or (more likely) the club don’t update it till after the triggers (normally 72hours after a one of 3 dates set in ticket) - I would always reboot my phone in the morning, solves 99.9% of any IT/tech problem lol

Ensuring passes are updated is easy on either Apple or Google - there are lots of good FAQs on multiple other sports team sites (Arsenal, Brighton, Everton, Fulham, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, spurs, wolves all use Fotress same as us) .

“If you have an iPhone make sure Automatic Updates are turned on. To do this open your Apple Wallet and click on your digital pass. Once opened click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the top of your screen and click pass details. Ensure automatic updates are turned on (the button should be green). If they are already on turn them off and back on again and your pass should update.

If you have an Android device, Automatic Updates should automatically be turned on. If your pass has not updated try turning your phone off and on again to update your pass, alternatively you can remove the pass from your wallet and download it again via the  App.”

You can turn off the hide featur on Apple:

Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, then turn on Hide Expired Passes

Back to the ground, I think the LEDs displays are pretty good and nice to see somethings mentioned have been actioned, but some places need more than just a lick of paint….

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Have I missed the minutes from the last FAB meeting @OutByEaster?

Delayed apparently. I still don't understand why the various attendees don't just report back their take on the meeting, and why we have to wait for official AVFC "approved" minutes. It's all extremely one-sided.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Risso said:

Delayed apparently. I still don't understand why the various attendees don't just report back their take on the meeting, and why we have to wait for official AVFC "approved" minutes. It's all extremely one-sided.

Because Chris Heck would sue the sock cookers and ban them

• Haha 1

I can’t figure out whether upper trinity toilets has a nest of birds trapped within it or they are playing chirping sounds directly into it. Second game in a row I’ve heard it and neither option makes sense to me. 

• Haha 3

Arrived at the queue for the lower Holte at 2:30pm yesterday and didn't get in the ground until 3:05pm. I'd normally be a little pissed off but was gutted yesterday as missed the tribute to Gary Shaw. I have been in the Lower Holte for years and up until this season it has never taken more than 10-15 minutes to get in and most of the time no more than 5 minutes. Yesterday it seems that people had their tickets in their wallets on their phones but the readers were not reading some tickets and people had to continually tap them.

I could to some extent understand the issues in the first home game but not now three home games in. They have broken something that was working fine before this season. 

Was in TV yesterday, it's absolutely superb. 

Annoying that the rest of the stadium doesn't offer better facilities. But I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and think I'll get a ST there next season. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Arrived at the queue for the lower Holte at 2:30pm yesterday and didn't get in the ground until 3:05pm. I'd normally be a little pissed off but was gutted yesterday as missed the tribute to Gary Shaw. I have been in the Lower Holte for years and up until this season it has never taken more than 10-15 minutes to get in and most of the time no more than 5 minutes. Yesterday it seems that people had their tickets in their wallets on their phones but the readers were not reading some tickets and people had to continually tap them.

I could to some extent understand the issues in the first home game but not now three home games in. They have broken something that was working fine before this season. 

The readers are so hit and miss.

FWIW in the DE where I went in the turnstile has been turned into a double to can get in left and right which I'd never seen before. 

Anyways there's 2 staff on the turnstile guiding people on how to scan, one bloke in the turnstile, two staff searching and another member of staff working the queues with guidance.

It's a real labour and money saver.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

It's interesting, we sit Lower Holte, got there about 2.15pm yesterday, maybe a touch earlier, and pretty much walked straight in. But we also had people sat by us who missed kick off and couldn't have been 15 minutes later than us to reach the ground. 

Also, I've noticed that the few with ST 'cards' don't seem to have any issues, straight in, so I don't think it's the readers, I think it's the phone/app/signal/other tech. I know I had a right job for two games last season with electronic tickets, which involved a trip to the ticket office, another queue, a hopeless steward who didn't know what I was on about, another queue to get back in.

As for the toilets situation, I only had to use the piss trough once yesterday, but I did notice a member of staff coming in as I was walking out, so I do wonder if it's being monitored? (or maybe, the member of staff just needed a leak).

Bigger than usual queue for the upper Holte when I arrived about 2.30 yesterday but - half way down the stairs whereas it's usually only on the top section.  While in the queue I went to my apple wallet and my season ticket wasn't there.  I found it in the expired section and couldn't reinstate it.  Opened the app but had a very weak signal, as usual.  Finally got to my season ticket in the app and brought up the QR code.  It didn't work tapping it to the scanner multiple times.  So tried the QR scanner at the bottom which also didn't work and then started given me the message "wrong game".  The only reason I got in was because the steward let me through without scanning.  I told him to tell Heck the system is a crock of shit.  He asked me to complain because all the stewards are pissed off with having to deal with a combination of Google wallets/app, apple wallets/app, season ticket cards and printed tickets with scanners and apps that are massively unreliable.   I got to my seat about five to three but it was noticeable there were loads more  empty seats than usual around me that eventually filled up, quite a few of them after we'd kicked off.  It's a shambles.

A mate also had his ticket disappear from his apple wallet - is this a common problem? It seems the wallet thinks it's expired once it's been used once.  I had to delete the season ticket and then re-add it.  I suspect I'll have the same problem after the next home game.

7 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

A mate also had his ticket disappear from his apple wallet - is this a common problem? It seems the wallet thinks it's expired once it's been used once.  I had to delete the season ticket and then re-add it.  I suspect I'll have the same problem after the next home game.

Please read the season ticket thread.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â