Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Let’s see if they actually do something.

Adidas Villa Account Manager probably called our counterpart like ' It would actually have been ok to leave us off of this one lads "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This is the kind of statement I'd get crucified at work for making

"We'll be working"

"It's our top priority"

"We've been investigating"

Non committal. It might result in something, but I'd be more interested if they were telling us what they're actually doing about it

14 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

i suspect that saying "sorry" immediately makes you liable from a legal standpoint. so if someone got sick from being in those toilets they could sue. not sure, just speculating.

15 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

They keep talking about fans being able to use the digital ticketing. I mean, yeah great, but when the entrances are closed until twenty minutes before kickoff all the ticketing solutions in the world aren't going to help.

Obviously that didn't help but there were no instructions about how to actually USE the tickets.  Yeah, how to get them into your wallet, fine.   You have to remember there is a large chunk of people who do not use wallet and do not use contactless on their phones.  I saw lots of people struggling with it.

People forget sometimes what is second nature to them is not even withing the grasp of others.

1) They should have sent a video out with the tickets showing how to use the digital ticket.

2) They should have posters up around each turnstile with graphical illustrations.

It's really not hard.  Remember when the Covid kits were originally issued, you had a video from that TV doctor explaining how to use them.  It's quote common practice but Villa just put no thought into it and this is the result.

They should also have people walking the lines telling people to get their tickets ready before they get to the turnstile.  Amazing how many people don't think of that.

Also, a hell of a lot of people turn up to the ground terribly pissed.  I know I've struggled to use my phone in the past when heavily inebriated.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i suspect that saying "sorry" immediately makes you liable from a legal standpoint. so if someone got sick from being in those toilets they could sue. not sure, just speculating.

It’s for liability, I’m sure. Also, in one of the videos you could see cigarette butts and a pint glass in one of the urinals. I imagine the club is playing it extra safe with its wording whilst it ascertains the source of the urinal problems. I understand why they worded it that way, but I do also understand people's frustrations about how it was communicated to them. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let me get this straight. Fans had to walk in piss ?

How bad we talking ?

the videos are on this site

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let me get this straight. Fans had to walk in piss ?

How bad we talking ?

Like a normal small heath fans bathroom, so just overflowing the urinal and 1cm deep on the floor. 

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Obviously that didn't help but there were no instructions about how to actually USE the tickets.  Yeah, how to get them into your wallet, fine.   You have to remember there is a large chunk of people who do not use wallet and do not use contactless on their phones.  I saw lots of people struggling with it.

People forget sometimes what is second nature to them is not even withing the grasp of others.

1) They should have sent a video out with the tickets showing how to use the digital ticket.

2) They should have posters up around each turnstile with graphical illustrations.

It's really not hard.  Remember when the Covid kits were originally issued, you had a video from that TV doctor explaining how to use them.  It's quote common practice but Villa just put no thought into it and this is the result.

They should also have people walking the lines telling people to get their tickets ready before they get to the turnstile.  Amazing how many people don't think of that.

Also, a hell of a lot of people turn up to the ground terribly pissed.  I know I've struggled to use my phone in the past when heavily inebriated.

The problem I guess we have for the next game is that we have no idea at this point whether the new NFC ticketing caused any real delays and we won't really get a good test of that until we play Everton.

The entirety of the problem on Saturday was down to the club asking everyone to arrive early, then not being bale to open the turnstiles because of their staffing issues.

Fans did exactly what was asked of them, turned up in numbers and early - and because we had large numbers of supporters do that, there were huge queues at 16:00 when the turnstiles were supposed to open - and even more dangerous crowding at 16:40 when they still weren't open. When the turnstiles around the ground did finally open at 16:45, the majority of people were in the ground by the 17:30 kick off and a few more after Villa and the referee connived a six minute delay out of claiming a refereeing kit clash - but whether the NFC ticketing system helped or hindered that process is a complete mystery.

We could have been using cards, paper tickets or facial recognition on Saturday - it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference - the problem was that the club couldn't open the stadium.

Some of the good ideas in your suggestion around turnstiles simply wouldn't have worked - it wasn't possible for example to have people walking the lines, because it was barely possible to walk through the lines - Witton Lane was full of people, from the North Stand entrance to the edge of the Holte End, it was like the front forty rows of a festival - there's no chance people would have been able to circulate through there.

Saturday was only really about the tickets to the extent that the club asked people to get there early and be ready - fans did that - the club didn't open the stadium. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The problem I guess we have for the next game is that we have no idea at this point whether the new NFC ticketing caused any real delays and we won't really get a good test of that until we play Everton.

The entirety of the problem on Saturday was down to the club asking everyone to arrive early, then not being bale to open the turnstiles because of their staffing issues.

Fans did exactly what was asked of them, turned up in numbers and early - and because we had large numbers of supporters do that, there were huge queues at 16:00 when the turnstiles were supposed to open - and even more dangerous crowding at 16:40 when they still weren't open. When the turnstiles around the ground did finally open at 16:45, the majority of people were in the ground by the 17:30 kick off and a few more after Villa and the referee connived a six minute delay out of claiming a refereeing kit clash - but whether the NFC ticketing system helped or hindered that process is a complete mystery.

We could have been using cards, paper tickets or facial recognition on Saturday - it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference - the problem was that the club couldn't open the stadium.

Some of the good ideas in your suggestion around turnstiles simply wouldn't have worked - it wasn't possible for example to have people walking the lines, because it was barely possible to walk through the lines - Witton Lane was full of people, from the North Stand entrance to the edge of the Holte End, it was like the front forty rows of a festival - there's no chance people would have been able to circulate through there.

Saturday was only really about the tickets to the extent that the club asked people to get there early and be ready - fans did that - the club didn't open the stadium. 

Believe me, it was not 16:45 for the upper doug, it was more like 17:05!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I said this because I saw quite a few people in front of me failing to get their phones to tap properly.  Some of them not ready, some of them shoving their phones into the mouth of the reader.  The queue kept stalling,  but when people just flashed their phone up to the NFC reader they all went through smoothly and quickly.

• Like 1

I started using NFC last season and never had any issues with it. Sounds to me like opening stadium late and lack of support was the real issue. 

This and pissgate is really poor. Especially when you consider how much the tickets are now. 

17 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Nice of them to say fixing the toilets is their top priority… just 6 months after this specific issue started. In fact the problems stems from before that, when they got rid of half the toilets in the upper holte to make way for Terrace view, now there just isn’t enough toilets for the number of fans, literally more piss than toilet capacity 

They have added a small toilet in the corner of the lower Holte, but it is smaller to what was removed. They used to have one behind Ramsey's bar which hardly anyone knew about back before it became a GA+ moneypit. 

The stadium simply wasn't ready - in just about any respect; turnstiles, hospitality areas, toilets, even the painting of floors and the like - it's still a building site.

There are rumours that we asked to play our first two games away from home, so I think the club were always aware things wouldn't be right, I'm guessing the scale of the chaos will still have come as a surprise though. Things will need to be better for the Everton game.

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The stadium simply wasn't ready - in just about any respect; turnstiles, hospitality areas, toilets, even the painting of floors and the like - it's still a building site.

There are rumours that we asked to play our first two games away from home, so I think the club were always aware things wouldn't be right, I'm guessing the scale of the chaos will still have come as a surprise though. Things will need to be better for the Everton game.

The sticky paint on my shoes was not appreciated!  I am sure none of us in the Upper DE would have minded the old decor for a few more weeks.  Now they will have to redo it because it is a mess.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â