Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

They’ve said they’re addressing it and making it their top priority which is obviously good news.

Organisations hardly ever say sorry because it could open them up to legal problems if agreeing they have done wrong - so a lack of a ‘sorry, it’s all our fault’ is hardly surprising. 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Organisations hardly ever say sorry because it could open them up to legal problems if agreeing they have done wrong - so a lack of a ‘sorry, it’s all our fault’ is hardly surprising. 

Being sorry is not accepting culpability.

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

Being sorry is not accepting culpability.

It’s not no, “sorry this happened to you” - but there is no way they are going to say that in a communication. 

3 minutes ago, blunther said:

I mean I've got an email from last September from Lee Preece when I complained about the toilets overflowing, so forgive me if I'm sceptical about anything being fixed this time.

It’s starting to get more attention publically now. Fans are getting noisier about it, some Villa fans with wider platforms are getting vocal, they will try and do something, not because they care particularly but because they don’t want the bad publicity.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tayls said:

They’ve said they’re addressing it and making it their top priority which is obviously good news.

They've been saying they'll get these issues sorted for ages (in the fan consultation meetings for example) and nothing ever changes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s starting to get more attention publically now. Fans are getting noisier about it, some Villa fans with wider platforms are getting vocal, they will try and do something, not because they care particularly but because they don’t want the bad publicity.

Since Heck came in it is clear, more than ever before, we are customers yet the customer service is worse than ever. We qualify for a Europe in 2023 and 2024 but off the pitch has been a mess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Just had a generic email from villa regarding Saturday 

Aston Villa Football Club are aware of the issues faced by supporters

The club have spent the last 48 hours investigating these issues and will spend the coming weeks ensuring they do not impact fans’ matchday experience in the future.

Regarding the difficulties with access to the stadium, we will be working on solutions to ensure each and every fan is able to use our updated ticketing technology efficiently upon arrival to Villa Park.

We have made it a top priority to resolve the problems involving public toilets and queuing within concourses.

The club will be communicating directly with fans once changes are made and processes are improved.

Are they suggesting it was us fans that caused the queues, surely it was the fact most of the turnstiles opened 45 mins late. Because of this I didn't witness any of the normal searches either

• Like 1

They need the metal detectors before you get to the turnstiles/show your ticket. They do it here and yes there are queues but it moves and people can get in quicker than what I experienced in April.

Nice of them to say fixing the toilets is their top priority… just 6 months after this specific issue started. In fact the problems stems from before that, when they got rid of half the toilets in the upper holte to make way for Terrace view, now there just isn’t enough toilets for the number of fans, literally more piss than toilet capacity 

It’s hugely embarrassing … how disgusting and shameful. All people can do is expose and highlight it as much as possible so that those in charge are ashamed enough to actually do something about it! Shouldn’t have to go that far but the amount of negligence is crazy…

Heard on a podcast that people were walking around with sodden socks because of it 🤢 🤮 

It’s horrendous, appalling. Have some shame and sort it out! Pathetic to not even be able to have proper, functioning facilities for the typical fan.

It’s actually depressing hearing about all the issues off the pitch and the apparent lack of care or attention… it’s a real blot on the club and really negative exposure (should be magnified as much as possible)… 

If you can’t get the basics right, why bother with all the fancy, expensive crap? Treat the longtime and loyal fans right!

🤦‍♂️

Such a shame, complete opposite to everything Unai has been doing. 

It’s got to change and fast. 

• Like 1

Will be covered in length here… worth a listen for anyone who is interested. They try and have a Spaces every Tuesday, all from actual supporters.

Got to keep complaining and exposing everything that is going wrong…

some people didn’t even get seats at the last game 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Good on Dan Bardell for being vocal about it and highlighting all the faults and problems… he’s been, justifiably, critical of the way things have been going away from the football side and the people in charge. Some of the other podcasters have been similarly vocal and upset… it’s a really bad look for the club.

It’s just getting worse… I find it incredible that sorting something as basic as the toilets is of such low priority for them… got to be made to feel embarrassed if they don’t at all… forced to do something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Since Heck came in it is clear, more than ever before, we are customers yet the customer service is worse than ever. We qualify for a Europe in 2023 and 2024 but off the pitch has been a mess.

It’s really bad and very upsetting…

Hard to feel proud of a club that doesn’t treat its supporters well or right…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s hugely embarrassing … how disgusting and shameful. All people can do is expose and highlight it as much as possible so that those in charge are ashamed enough to actually do something about it! Shouldn’t have to go that far but the amount of negligence is crazy…

Heard on a podcast that people were walking around with sodden socks because of it 🤢 🤮 

It’s horrendous, appalling. Have some shame and sort it out! Pathetic to not even be able to have proper, functioning facilities for the typical fan.

It’s actually depressing hearing about all the issues off the pitch and the apparent lack of care or attention… it’s a real blot on the club and really negative exposure (should be magnified as much as possible)… 

If you can’t get the basics right, why bother with all the fancy, expensive crap? Treat the longtime and loyal fans right!

🤦‍♂️

Such a shame, complete opposite to everything Unai has been doing. 

It’s got to change and fast. 

Let’s see if they actually do something.

9 hours ago, blunther said:

I mean I've got an email from last September from Lee Preece when I complained about the toilets overflowing, so forgive me if I'm sceptical about anything being fixed this time.

They are probably only getting around to resolving your 2023 complaint, just coincides with the current mess

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â