Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

if it doesn't affect the sponsors and it doesn't make it onto the TV, they don't care - we're cattle. 

I'd say this is so much hyperbole, but I've just seen this photo of the bus service they put on. 

IMG-20240826-WA0000.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

One thing that is a bit questionable at the bottom of the holte in L8 there is a gangway that has now had a fence put up down the middle to seperate the block next to it and it is barely wide enough to exit in single file. A quick google says that gangways in sports stadium should be a minimum 1.1m wide , it would be carnage to get out in an emergency

This sounds incredibly dangerous.

I'm sure the sock cooker squad have been down and seen it themselves though.

Those piss videos looked atrocious.

I visited Villa Park tail end of 22/23 to see the Spurs game and I can't say I came across anything that bad about the experience (was in lower holte) including the facilities. I was a completely overwhelmed fanboy though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Woke snowflakes. In my day we used to just piss on the floor. 

I well remember piss flowing out of the door of the old Holte End toilets because a line of blokes were pissing up a blank wall where the piss trough didn't run. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I mean, I wasn’t there so probably can’t truly comment on things, but you have to ask some questions of the fans who were likely adding to it, when it was clearly an issue? Surely wait to use a cubicle, or go to another toilet if one is available? 

Because half the toilet facilities for 6,000 people have been replaced by the Terrace View lounge? 

Chris Heck has blocked someone who highlighted how awful the experience was on Saturday. 

@OutByEaster? Not sure when the next meeting is, but this needs to be addressed. We can’t be treated like peasants, and then blocked when trying to highlight the conditions we’ve been subjected to. 

• Shocked 2

It’s really shitty how much hospitality they are cramming in to fleece fans. Ok plenty can afford it but many can’t or won’t. Less tickets for the normal match day fan . More hospitality will make the atmosphere worse too but I don’t think that matters to the powers that be. Facilities taking a hit too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Chris Heck has blocked someone who highlighted how awful the experience was on Saturday. 

@OutByEaster? Not sure when the next meeting is, but this needs to be addressed. We can’t be treated like peasants, and then blocked when trying to highlight the conditions we’ve been subjected to. 

Do we know how that individual went about it though? If he came across as over the top, then I don’t blame Heck for the block. 

Edited by Tayls

19 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

When the cost of attending has doubled in 5 years.

If it had halved, I wouldn't mind being passed on.

Just had a generic email from villa regarding Saturday 

Aston Villa Football Club are aware of the issues faced by supporters

The club have spent the last 48 hours investigating these issues and will spend the coming weeks ensuring they do not impact fans’ matchday experience in the future.

Regarding the difficulties with access to the stadium, we will be working on solutions to ensure each and every fan is able to use our updated ticketing technology efficiently upon arrival to Villa Park.

We have made it a top priority to resolve the problems involving public toilets and queuing within concourses.

The club will be communicating directly with fans once changes are made and processes are improved.

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just had a generic email from villa regarding Saturday 

Aston Villa Football Club are aware of the issues faced by supporters

The club have spent the last 48 hours investigating these issues and will spend the coming weeks ensuring they do not impact fans’ matchday experience in the future.

Regarding the difficulties with access to the stadium, we will be working on solutions to ensure each and every fan is able to use our updated ticketing technology efficiently upon arrival to Villa Park.

We have made it a top priority to resolve the problems involving public toilets and queuing within concourses.

The club will be communicating directly with fans once changes are made and processes are improved.

Thats a pretty bland statement and no sign of apologising for the shambles.

Still, i suppose at least they have responded, but sorry seems a hard word to say!!!!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â