Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

4 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Looking from the Holte towards the far left corner the smaller LED screen used to say the score and how many minutes played, now it does neither.

It did at the beginning of the game, but due to a technical failure there was a Villa badge across the middle of it obscuring most of the clock and part of the scoreline - they then switched that off and just went with a plain background sort of thing. 

That badge....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They need to explain what their mantainence regime is, or if they even have one.

It's my job to manage this sort of thing and I'm sorry this isn't **** hard.

I manage over 40 buildings and if any of these basic, customer facing problems occurred they would be fixed in days. Ignoring the fact that some of them we have seen here since Saturday such as blocked urinals are reoccurring and keep happening. They're had months to sort it.

The estate manager at villa is doing a quite frankly piss poor job. It's the stuff like this that when gets left and builds up and damages confidenece in the club and its management , hopefully blows up on social media and leaves a lot of negative press, quite rightly.

They need to do their job to even just a mildly competent degree. Fixing this shit isn't hard or even that expensive for an organisation with that much money. Questions need to be asked of the people who's job this is.

The loos are used for a few hours once a fortnight,  they have plenty of time to clean them and get issues sorted before they are required again. Most shopping centres or even theme park toilets are in better condition. 

Edited by TDR V2
  • Like 2

Much of the talk leading up to this game centered on the greatly improved Villa Park experience: new LED lights, a new tunnel, enhanced GA+ experiences, and a new ticketing system. What could possibly go wrong? Following the ‘innovation’ of removing physical season ticket cards (unless you had a good excuse and/or paid an extra £20 for the privilege) and transitioning to digital season tickets on smartphones, the club – who, in their wisdom, issued the digital tickets just days before the match—urged supporters to arrive early to avoid queuing at the gates.

Arriving at the ground at 4 p.m., when the turnstiles should have been open, we were greeted by a large queue forming near the Lower Holte entry point, where we sit. We assumed this would subside once the turnstiles opened, so we went for a look at the new club shop. Returning via Witton Lane around 4:30 p.m., with an hour to go before kick-off, we encountered the longest queue I have ever seen at Villa Park. It snaked from the Lower Holte entrance nearest to Trinity Road, across the car park, and down to the steps leading to Witton Lane.

Why the club asked fans to arrive early but then failed to open the turnstiles on time remains a mystery. The systems should have been tested well in advance. Furthermore, there was a noticeable lack of ushers or helpers to assist first-time users of digital tickets. When the turnstiles finally opened around 4:40 p.m., it took us until 5:15 p.m. to gain entry. Many angry fans were worried they wouldn’t get in before kick-off – and some didn’t, judging by reports from around the ground. Once inside, the overflowing urinals in the Lower Holte toilets did little to improve the mood. Given the entire summer to prepare, it’s hard to understand how such a farcical situation was allowed to occur.

Upon taking our seats, we realised that many of the people we’d sat with for years had been moved seven or eight seats away, making our usual pre-match chats much more difficult. The two people who normally sat in front of me with a perfect view from behind the goal had been relocated so far that they told me they planned to complain to the club. Judging by social media, they weren’t the only ones.

https://myoldmansaid.com/villa-park-contrasts-ticketing-mishaps-and-promising-villa-performance-against-arsenal/

18 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

The loos are used for a few hours once a fortnight,  they have plenty of time to clean them and get issues sorted before they are required again. Most shopping centres or even theme park toilets are in better condition. 

Exactly there is literally no excuses for this. None at all. Except either incompetent people doing the job, or even worse they don't care as its just poor people facilities.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Exactly there is literally no excuses for this. None at all. Except either incompetent people doing the job, or even worse they don't care as its just poor people facilities.

I think it is very much the latter mate. I really don’t think they give a flying ****.

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's probably a mixture of both but I don't class £95 as poor people money (adult & child)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sne said:

I’ve had to compress the image for upload, so you probably can’t see the end of the queue, but I took this around 4:20pm. I was sat on the Holte End steps watching the queue grow and seeing people understandably getting more irate. 

IMG_5370.png.3e532fcc80de3d73d7d3c503a952bb30.png

It might be the clubs plan to reduce the queues for food and drink in the concourse.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve had to compress the image for upload, so you probably can’t see the end of the queue, but I took this around 4:20pm. I was sat on the Holte End steps watching the queue grow and seeing people understandably getting more irate. 

IMG_5370.png.3e532fcc80de3d73d7d3c503a952bb30.png

It might be the clubs plan to reduce the queues for food and drink in the concourse.

I was probably by that white car by then, I'm guessing they would have lost a fair amount on beer/food sales inside

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

It's probably a mixture of both but I don't class £95 as poor people money (adult & child)

Compared to corporate and their working facilities it is.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

You absolute moaners, whining about getting a few inches of wee on your shoes or turning up and not having a seat

Guys, the club needed to prioritise. The players tunnel hadn’t been re-decorated in about 2 years!! We hadn’t even had a badge changed in 12 

Won't someone please think of the genius highly paid Villa executives who are only doing their jobs and those poor billionaire owners who think about our welfare 24/7 !! 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

There are now two tiers of supporters. Those in GA+/hospitality/corporate and the rest of us in GA. It is absolutely disgusting the way those general admission supporters are being treated. I've held a season ticket since 1988 and I think this is probably the most disconnected/disregarded I've felt as a supporter in terms of being valued.

It wasn't so long ago I'd have genuinely struggled to give my ticket away to a lot of games. There are some people at the club now who'd do well to remember that as it will not take a lot to once again see thousands of empty seats at VP. As quick as our rise has been the club have stepped over a lot fans on the way up that ladder and they may well find those fans are no longer willing to be taken for mugs on the way down. 

It's no different for GA+ supporters once they're in the ground though, and they surely had to contend with the same queues as everybody else? Also the Lower Grounds isn't open at half time, sp presumably the fans who have tickets for that have the same disgraceful toilet facilities as everybody else at half time? Honestly, somebody needs to phone the council to report the club, if a pub or restaurant had toilets where people were literally wading through two inches of piss they'd be shut down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On the flip side, it makes me wonder again if what we really need is a totally new stadium.

I wonder if there is legit only so much you can do with VP due to it being dated?

No wish to disrespect fans who turn up every week and spend their hard-earned money but I'm just wondering. ( As an overseas fan )

The worst part of Villa Park was due for redevelopment, and there is acres of space there to do something truly modern and fantastic but we know where the CEO stands on that. Yes the Witton Lane would be an issue but again I am sure clever people would find a way.

The Holte and Trinity just need some TLC in the non posh areas but again we see time and time again the club doesn't prioritise this.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Reading all this I'm glad I didn't go on Saturday. Hopefully they have improved some of these issues by the Everton game.

Yes the GA+ is likely to be a little bit of polish by then

One thing that is a bit questionable at the bottom of the holte in L8 there is a gangway that has now had a fence put up down the middle to seperate the block next to it and it is barely wide enough to exit in single file. A quick google says that gangways in sports stadium should be a minimum 1.1m wide , it would be carnage to get out in an emergency

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â