Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

8 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Upper Holte an absolute disgrace today. Toilets blocked and overflowing before the game even started. GA+ treated to luxury, whilst the rest of us are living in comparative squalor. Really not acceptable. 

Lower North was the same. 

Posted (edited)

I hate to add to the club bashing but where I was in the lower north there were multiple cases of people cutting their knees on the seats. We think it was either the bare screws coming out the back of the seats or the brackets themselves; Just seems rushed and a lack of quality.

There was even a seat in front of us that had no side bracket, so the seat was just balancing on the one side. They were still trying to repair it at half time, but it was left in the end and the girl was relocated.

I wouldn't mind so much if the quality was there, that they just ran out of time, but overall the whole feeling of the refresh was cheap and even a bit tacky. Honestly they should have left it as it was.

Edited by Nigel

Posted (edited)

Every single new seat  in the lower Holte only had two screws out of four holding it to the concrete. I know it’s not really important but how cheap

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

is there a health and safety board or something we can start complaining to? i feel like this could be brought up at every meeting and they wouldn't care...we need some sort of official to start threatening fines

I was thinking this yesterday to be honest. Environmental Health at the council. There’s clear H&S issues with piss overflowing seemingly all the toilet blocks, not just the holte. Seems like the club need to be forced to sort the plumbing out. 

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

is there a health and safety board or something we can start complaining to? i feel like this could be brought up at every meeting and they wouldn't care...we need some sort of official to start threatening fines

Honest to me it's just a football stadium

Wembley is exactly the same, Dortmund was slightly better but still had wet floors and paper towels everywhere 

57 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Every single new seat  in the lower Holte only had two screws out of four holding it to the concrete. I know it’s not really important but how cheap

I thought this about the rail too. I felt it moving when people were leaning on it. It is secured by a plate and just 2 bolts. Definitely feels like 4 bolts should be used to secure a square plate to the step. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I thought this about the rail too. I felt it moving when people were leaning on it. It is secured by a plate and just 2 bolts. Definitely feels like 4 bolts should be used to secure a square plate to the step. 

Especially as there are four holes

Looking from the Holte towards the far left corner the smaller LED screen used to say the score and how many minutes played, now it does neither.

The larger LED screen on the right hand side shows the time but from row 27 upper Holte it looks like this for example:-

35:46

Even wearing my glasses I still can hardly read it

Not experienced the overflowing urinals thankfully, but well done for the video please forward it to Lee Preece. That has to be a health and safety issue and should be a priority. Villa have 2 weeks to get Dyno Rod out....

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Been saying it for 3 years. They don't give a shit. They don't give two **** about you, and I've been derided and yes I'm a moaner and yes the football has never been better and it's brilliant but it's patently clear this ownership group don't give a **** about you. They're not building the club for you, or your children.

They detest you at this point and becry the inability to not get more rich people in your seat.

How much contempt do you have to have for people to let them walk around in their own **** piss.

But we're in the Champions league. Shut up.

Well that’s a little too cynical. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Been saying it for 3 years. They don't give a shit. They don't give two **** about you, and I've been derided and yes I'm a moaner and yes the football has never been better and it's brilliant but it's patently clear this ownership group don't give a **** about you. They're not building the club for you, or your children.

They detest you at this point and becry the inability to not get more rich people in your seat.

How much contempt do you have to have for people to let them walk around in their own **** piss.

But we're in the Champions league. Shut up.

Sad but true…

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

this ownership group don't give a **** about you. They're not building the club for you, or your children.

I dont think owners do generally, at least not at Villa.

Ellis?

Learner?

Xia?

It's not these owners, but all owners of the Elite. This myth that it's our club, and the owners are custodians is cobblers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

I dont think owners do generally, at least not at Villa.

Ellis?

Learner?

Xia?

It's not these owners, but all owners of the Elite. This myth that it's our club, and the owners are custodians is cobblers. 

It is any big business. 

Can you really imagine the situation in reverse… you have £5bn and you invest in an NFL team over in America…

and your motive is to improve it for the local people… 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â