Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 15/12/2021 at 13:37, Rodders said:

I'm not sure how much we could get if we did sell due to his actual lack of football. We'd be paying off part of the wages of any new contract as well. Maybe someone takes a gamble on him for £5m? But if he can't even get game time in Belgium, I fear his injury is career ending :( 

Thing is how FFP works we can can take that write down this season as we've a massive profit from Jack's sale. 

On 15/12/2021 at 12:58, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Would love to know SG's thoughts on Wes. If I were Gerrard, I'd want to get Wes back in, start of January, and see where he is. If they see nothing to build on, they try to move him on during the second half of the window. If he's looking okay, they can shift Davis on loan. Either way, we don't get weaker as a squad. I trust the management team. 

I fail to see how he's good enough to play here if he can't get in Brugge team.

I don't believe the 15m figures either, more like 5m.

5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

15m brazilian reals works out at 1.9m pounds....sounds about right!

15,000,000 Brazilian Real equals
1,987,949.29 Pound sterling

this is take from google, about right round up to 2 millions massive loss :S, Damn you, Mee Destroy his career to make money lost and destroy his confience, hope we got insurance to refund the fee? 

12 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

might aswell get him back here in january, gerrard can assess him properly and who knows he might become a secret beast mode striker under the tutelage and guidance of Gerrard and GMac

How would he get a game unless we loan Archer out?

I don't see the point really given he's hardly played in two years.

A shame but think Wes needs a fresh start probably back in Brazil and some sort of career as not a good sign if he can't play much in Belgian even if Club Brugge are a good team.

I was expecting him to get regular sub cameos and the odd start but nowhere near that.

We massively overpaid for him and he got a terrible injury so yeah will be a massive loss when he leaves, just one of those things.

Any team would be mad to spend any money on him at the moment. He's probably played the equivalent of 2-3 matches in the past 2 years.

The point raised above about him not passing a medical is probably spot on. In which case can we convince him to retire to get our money back?

I'm far from blieving he was useless I think he was learning on the job, I think he had definite potential. I do worry that his career might be over becuase of the injury. 

All the best big Wes!

• Like 1

Was so excited when we signed him..... Brazilian Striker with a half decent record? Yes please! Had been looking forward to this type of signing and we were starting to get a tune out of him and he started to make the Brazil squad.... (I remember the home game against Liverpool where he ran himself into the ground and was a nuisance throughout) Then Ben Mee happened. Feel for the big man I really do, hopefully a move back to Brazil will sort him out.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The figure will begin with an F but it won't be fifteen million or five million, it will just be free. 

Edited by sidcow

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Different managers see different things in fairness. Not saying Gerrard will see gold in him but apparently he fancies Davis 

If Gerrard has this elite coaching team they can see something in him 

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Different managers see different things in fairness. Not saying Gerrard will see gold in him but apparently he fancies Davis 

If Gerrard has this elite coaching team they can see something in him 

He fancies Davis so much I don't think he's even put him on as sub in any of his four games on the bench under Gerrard. And going out on loan next month (although Kienan badly needs a loan so its a logical call).

We've got Ollie and Ings and Archer will hopefully get cameo sub games soon. If they're ever fit then Traore and Bailey could play upfront. AEG aswell of course so just don't see how Wes would get any minutes.

I wish him well though as it was horrible injury in a game he was playing really well.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â