Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

4 hours ago, meregreen said:

If your guy up top scores a measly ten goals in a season. Your in trouble.

Simply not true.

Outside the Top 6 clubs 10 is a good tally. Don’t take my word for it, have a look through past seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

His goal ratio so far yes you can't argue with, but if there's any Villa fan who's happy/satisfied with his performances as a whole in our first 10 games then they must have extremely low expectations.

I can honestly say while ever we are scoring in other places it's ok to have lower expectations of Wesley. Of course I'd like him to score more but we are not desperate at the moment for it, the requirement becomes different if we start dropping.

It's ok to have low expectations at the moment it allows us to be more patient with the lad and there's nothing wrong with that.

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

Simply not true.

Outside the Top 6 clubs 10 is a good tally. Don’t take my word for it, have a look through past seasons.

If he scores 10 playing like he has, he'll have had a poor season for me.

If he scores 5, but plays every game like the first 20 mins at Norwich, he'll have been excellent and we'll have stayed up.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Up against Van Dijk tomorrow. Let's see if he's up for it. I think this is the game I've been most excited by this season. It's a real test, without being completely out of our reach like City away.

It pains me to say it, but personally this game is harder than city 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yeah tbh although man city won the league, Liverpool won the European cup and for me were the best club in England and probably Europe last season, and they are definitely the best club in the English prem currently.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah tbh although man city won the league, Liverpool won the European cup and for me were the best club in England and probably Europe last season, and they are definitely the best club in the English prem currently.

If they were the best club in England they would have won the league.  City should have destroyed spurs and then I reckon would have gone to win the cup. They are better than Liverpool. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Disagree. Just about managed to beat Sheff United, Southampton and Chelsea in the last 3 league away games. They have a knack of winning but i think they can be beat tomorrow.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If they were the best club in England they would have won the league.  City should have destroyed spurs and then I reckon would have gone to win the cup. They are better than Liverpool. 

Eh, not that binary, by that logic you are wrong because Liverpool won the European cup so are the best in the whole of Europe, which trumps the best in England.

Luckily neither jump in logic is correct in that sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Eh, not that binary, by that logic you are wrong because Liverpool won the European cup so are the best in the whole of Europe, which trumps the best in England.

Luckily neither jump in logic is correct in that sense.

Liverpool were so lucky in many games last season. The Mahrez missed penalty, the Origi last kick of the game goal v Everton. That’s 2 I can remember but I’m sure there’s more.  I think City are the better team but I do think Klopp is the better manager. He manages to make  good players look like world class players.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Disagree. Just about managed to beat Sheff United, Southampton and Chelsea in the last 3 league away games. They have a knack of winning but i think they can be beat tomorrow.

Last season I thought city were better. But this year Liverpool are great. Yes they have nearly lost, but they have that fighting quality to come from behind. It’s something they’ve lacked for years, and it’s something that wins you titles. Utd has that trait under Fergie. Liverpool’s defence is better than City, whilst going forward they are incredible. 

Anyway we’re going way off topic. 

Big Wes will be up against it, but I think he’ll still get a goal.

• Like 1

Had a good game, unfairly given fouls against him from that awful ref. He continues like that he’ll frighten lesser teams. Didn’t have a shot but not to blame for that really. Was making some good runs between the defenders, similar to the Everton goal, but didn’t have the players around him to make those passes (Jack/Jota/Lansbury, could possibly  make those). Harried the defenders when necessary, held the ball up, won flick ons etc. 

Only thing I wish he would do more, is run towards the box after passing out wide. He did it in pre season, but recently, passes it and then stands still. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â