Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

25 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Tony Cascarino covering his bases :)

Tony Cascarino believes £22 million striker Wesley Moraes could take the Premier League by storm next season in the claret and blue of Aston Villa, while speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT (30 July, 9:00am).

The Premier League newcomers have spent over £100 million as part of a remarkable summer overhaul but only one of their new signings has cost more than the former Club Brugge striker Wesley.

Am I getting confused or muddled, but I thought Cascarino was slagging off the signing of Wesley a couple of weeks ago?

It was on Talksport, so I imagine a few too many people started agreeing with him so he changed his mind.

I've literally heard presenters on TalkSport change their mind halfway through a phone in because not enough people were disagreeing with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Was wearing the Cloak of Defenders today and still caused trouble.

I think he is going to draw opposition players to him thereby opening up space for others in behind. 

9 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Was wearing the Cloak of Defenders today and still caused trouble.

I think he is going to draw opposition players to him thereby opening up space for others in behind. 

Except goals he scored and one he created for Hogan. All rest of goals scored by midfield 

49 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

How'd he look today?

I thought a different ref would have given a few more decisions his way in dangerous positions. He forces defenders to be very physical, and I think that will play to our advantage.

His touch and link up play are excellent, and he pops up all across the pitch to do that.

There was one long kick by Heaton that sticks in my mind, where Wesley just brought it down on his chest with ease and laid it off. He is exceptionally good with his back to goal.

He also played a lovely ball to McGinn that should have been a goal. I think one of our trademark moves this season will be Wesley stepping into the number 10 position or out wide, receiving the ball with his back to goal, and then playing McGinn or a winger in behind the CB who's just stepped. Very similar to the way Liverpool use Firmino.

He also tracked back sensibly. Not like he was hunting for the ball out of position, but actually putting in the yards to cover our midfielders and stop breaks.

If he can score 10+ goals then all his other attributes will justify his place in the side. Looks a very good signing.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â