Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

22 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The more I think about this, the more I think this isn't like the Grealish situation last summer, despite what I said last night.

Spurs didn't need Grealish. When we overpriced him, they were happy to step back.

We desperately need a good DM. Leeds will try and bump up the fee, but I don't think it will scare us off.

So I see this one going through, even if it's £5-10m more than we'd like. Phillips is a much safer option than a European DM with no English experience, and this is a position we don't really want to gamble on.

Yeah it's not like he's Tshibola. He's a known quantity and the top end of Championship isn't million miles away from PL mid table

8 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Kalvin Philips is made for the Premier League. Bielsa has cut and polished the raw attributes he was born with .... He will become a Villa icon if we sign him.

he looks like he can play anywhere. big, strong and composed. would be great to sign him ASAP!

5 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm not sure this will happen as they are just about to be taken over by the PSG owners

how is this even possible?

He probably doesnt want to leave Leeds but if Radrizzani accepts say £25m, Deano and Purslow will sell the ambition of Villa; we do look an attractive prospect right now for any young aspiring English talents. Factor in a big payrise and what we're trying to do, im sure KP will buy into it and sign. He does seem to be one of our top targets, lets get it done.

Then if Leeds get promoted, we can slap a £80m pricetag on him and then when they bid, reject it.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah it's not like he's Tshibola. He's a known quantity and the top end of Championship isn't million miles away from PL mid table

He is? From what I can see he could easily be another Scott Hogan. 

• Like 1

Because he is so far a one season wonder. Thinking he is PL quality and drool about him like people do here is a bit much. He has had ONE good season as a defensive midfielder. And people are comfortable with having a club recently in financial problems, splurge £ 30 million on him. I am just trying to be a bit reflected on the matter. 

• Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because he is so far a one season wonder. Thinking he is PL quality and drool about him like people do here is a bit much. He has had ONE good season as a defensive midfielder. And people are comfortable with having a club recently in financial problems, splurge £ 30 million on him. I am just trying to be a bit reflected on the matter. 

He was exceptional the season before as a CM as well. This isn't a flash in a bottle, he's been performing consistently, in multiple positions, for a few years now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This one is certainly my gathering pace.

Saw someone Lansbury as part of potential deal?

Completely forgot we still had Lansbury .... would make sense ...well more for us ! 

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Are they?

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Month old story and Radrizanni not selling majority stake back then. What's changed?

A new story has come out in The Parisian... 

QSI close to Leeds takeover

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/apres-le-psg-le-qatar-a-la-conquete-de-l-angleterre-01-07-2019-8106873.php

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

how is this even possible?

same group but different name on the paperwork, its within the rules, its what Udinese's owner did when he bought Watford and the Spanish club, put his sons names on it

Let’s face it, we are paying over the odds for anyone we sign because the clubs don’t have to sell and we taking their biggest assets. 

I keep hearing there’s better value in Europe. But I still haven’t seen a Premier League club find this better value. Unless I missed it?

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

So they could buy Leeds who get promoted then own 2 clubs in PL? That seems problematic

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It’s been a problem position for us for years, it’s a gamble but he’s young, yes the quoted figures are excessive but the market is inflated. Our owners seem to mean business but at the same time, I don’t want us to do a Fulham. I can understand your point of view but I trust our vision, do you?

The story with Leeds and the takeover if  is that they're selling a small percentage of the club for around 10%, their chairman has been quoted as saying the club aren't for sale because he wants to make history not money. They actually sold a minority stake last year to the owners of the 49ers, and that didn't stop them having to sell players. If anything them linking up with PSG might boost our chances of getting Phillips, because the way it's been talked about is more of a link up, and sharing of resources, so they'd probably be getting a bunch of PSG players on loan and would find it easier to replace him; also have to remember that last summer despite our takeover, Grealish still actually wanted to leave.

Looks like they might be selling Pontus Jansson as well.

6 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Last I saw Paris was in France. I could be wrong though. There's so much out there these days that apparently seems true on the face of it but turns out to be wrong as long as you get some angry person ranting about it (not aimed at you or anyone!!). 

I was thinking some connection with Man City ownership. My mistake

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â