Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Pains me to say Adama has turned into a phenomenal player. 

He was always good just that we had managers that would never play him and swapped him for adomah, he was decent at barca B’s team just needed to work on his end product which Nuno seems to have done well

• Like 1

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Pains me to say Adama has turned into a phenomenal player. 

Yup we screwed up not seeing his potential a mistake we shouldn't make with this lot we have now, just because our players may not be brilliant at moment there could be a few Adama's in our midst for all we know. 

Patience ay??

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yup we screwed up not seeing his potential a mistake we shouldn't make with this lot we have now, just because our players may not be brilliant at moment there could be a few Adama's in our midst for all we know. 

Patience ay??

The problem with writing players off after a season. Right player at the wrong time. The club was in a toxic mess. 

As long as Wolves win I’m happy 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Mauphay might be marginally better than Wesley, but I doubt he's any better than Samatta, if we were to somehow stay up I'd want us to be signing someone that would improve  us considerably, not some who's only better than what we already have to a limited extent.

Yes I agree with that I'd want that also, no point going backwards, need to move forwards.

I do think that once Maupay has got used to the premier he will without a doubt start scoring more, I would love to see him and Samatta having  a battle on scoring the most in a season. I'd love to know the outcome of who could score most in a season when they are both up for it and used to the league.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The problem with writing players off after a season. Right player at the wrong time. The club was in a toxic mess. 

As long as Wolves win I’m happy 

Yeah Wolves will win this I'm sure of it, they have to much firepower.

Out of all the teams I'd hate to face I'd say it were wolves with there forward line.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, rbcuk said:

Traore has made the difference in this game, cracking strike from neto

Nothing like the supermarket is he, Neto is pure quality there.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Everythings really fallen into place nicely for old Wolves hasnt it

Agreed. But it didn’t happened by chance. They have a good blueprint & business model. See what football styles the top teams in major leagues like City/ Barca / Athletico etc are playing , learn & go all out to emulate that. Tear down all the old school & outdated styles. 
i am watching the wolves vs West ham , they absolutely played as a team , as a unit , unlike disjointed West ham side that’s like 11 individual players looking to impress Moyes & nothing else .. 

Neto's a really good player that seems to have gone under the radar this season. Wolves transfer record has been really good of late, I know people will talk about the Mendes connection, buta lot of the players they sign were just squad players at their previous club, so it's not even if they've been signing superstars. Comes down to good coaching as well.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If we lose Smith I'd love us to find our own wolves type Coach, Nuno has been an absolute beast for them.

Don't hold your breath though - remember the shortlist to replace Bruce included Theiry Henry.

They sign players with pace, technical ability and power. I always think how hard is that to do? Surely you just watch around Europe and take in 5-10 games of a player and then think yeah he ticks the boxes, is consistant. No risk here we’ll take him and add him to the stable. Or no, he’s flaky and doesnt have the fight- we’ll stay clear of that. Wolves have mastered it.

We sign Kortney Hause, Wesley and Trezeguet

• Like 1