Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We wouldnt but i bet we would be higher than 19th. Maupay is better than wesley and benrama is  better than trezuget jota and el ghazi

I agree about Benrahma but I don’t think Maupay is better than Wesley. They had been of a similar standard until Wesley got injured. I also don’t think that Maupay would suit our style as much as Wesley does. We are too direct for him

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

I agree about Benrahma but I don’t think Maupay is better than Wesley. They had been of a similar standard until Wesley got injured. I also don’t think that Maupay would suit our style as much as Wesley does. We are too direct for him

I agree

Maupay has only scored four more goals than Wesley has played about 7 more games than Wesley. Benrahma is good, and I'd take him over El Ghazi and Trezeguet, but I do wonder if he's becoming slightly overrated, I've watched Brentford a few times this season and he can go missing in games. Have to be wary of wingers from the championship there have been plenty that have looked like world beaters in that division and then not performed in the Premier league.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Maupay has only scored four more goals than Wesley has played about 7 more games than Wesley. Benrahma is good, and I'd take him over El Ghazi and Trezeguet, but I do wonder if he's becoming slightly overrated, I've watched Brentford a few times this season and he can go missing in games. Have to be wary of wingers from the championship there have been plenty that have looked like world beaters in that division and then not performed in the Premier league.

My worry too.

On your first line....its not the quantity of goals, albeit its a good start.....its more about a player who can score when you need one.

Maupay forages, like Ings and Vardy and they are always likely to pop up with one.....Robbie Keane was one too...and so was Dean Saunders.....its what we are missing.

I originally thought Hogan was going to be one of them....may be he still could be?

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Anything overrated is better than Ghazi and Trezegeut at this point lol.

I think Maupay would of suited us way more than what Wesley would of. Maupay has the type of build we need. I also think we need Maupays fire and attitude, our players severely lack it apart from Mings.

I do think Benrahma would be a massive improvement on our current Wingers though I do agree with you think that hes being overrated.

Mauphay might be marginally better than Wesley, but I doubt he's any better than Samatta, if we were to somehow stay up I'd want us to be signing someone that would improve  us considerably, not some who's only better than what we already have to a limited extent.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I would love to see WHU relegated.

Wolves just scored yaaaay.

That would be ace if they were, would be another club gone down that were in premier for time. We should have a few of there players if we were to survive and they went to championship.

Edited by Dave-R

I like Benrahama but would be wary of paying £30m for him, think we'd better of with Eze, seems to be more involved in games and as much more of an all round game, reminds me of Grealish.