Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, Follyfoot said:

And we had a nailed on penalty denied at the end

Yep. Although I was raging at DS's complete lack of game management and us collapsing from still being 2-1 up in the 80th minute for that to annoy me as much as the Palace farce.

We should've won at the Emirates, not be happy to pinch a point in last minute.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wouldn’t mind him in our side. 

I think I'd still be calling him a c-word if he was in our shirt.

He makes Deli Alli look like the kind of bloke you'd like to go for a pint with.

Neal Maupay - 'The Arsenal players need to learn humility and they got what they deserved'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/52937365

If ever a bloke needed a broken leg.....

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What's all this Maupay obsession with Wesley hate? He's got 9 goals from 29 appearances, Wesley has 6 goals from 21 appearances.  I'm 99% sure if Wesley hadn't got injured he would have been on 8 or 9 now too.   You'd think he was on 20 goals the way people are going on. 

Maupay is a better player than wesley. Simple as that

If we look at that last Brighton goal it’s really show what they are doing in training ... awareness / co- ordination/ teamwork. Considering it’s Manupay first season in Premiership, he has done well. Kudos to our decision not to sign him .. sigh ... 

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

Take it you didn't watch Norwich. 

I did watch Norwich. I genuinely think they have been unlucky. They look a much more dangerous and cohesive side to us. I know this sounds a bit crazy but I thought the game where we hammered them was actually fairly even (although we deserved the victory) and the game at VP they out played us from start to finish.

Brighton losing wouldn't have much difference to us, because we can't win our games anyway. If we somehow miraculously manage to do tomorrow what we've been saying we need to do all season but never do, i.e beat one of the divisions better teams then we'll be back to being just three points behind them and possibly outside the relegation zone, not that I have any faith whatsoever in that happening, I can no more truley believe it will happen than I can see out of the back of my head.

We came up spent £140m but unfortunately looks like we messed it up big time.

Maupay has only scored four more goals than Wesley, and Maupay hasn't been injured for half of the season. If by some miracle to end all miracles we stayed up and signed him I'd be disappointed that we weren't trying to sign better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Brighton losing wouldn't have much difference to us, because we can't win our games anyway. If we somehow miraculously manage to do tomorrow what we've been saying we need to do all season but never do, i.e beat one of the divisions better teams then we'll be back to being just three points behind them and possibly outside the relegation zone, not that I have any faith whatsoever in that happening, I can no more truley believe it will happen than I can see out of the back of my head.

We came up spent £140m but unfortunately looks like we messed it up big time.

Yep. If we beat Chelsea tomorrow, we'll be putting ourselves in a decent position. But like you I can't see it happening either.

I wouldn’t want Maupay anywhere near Villa. Average player with one of the worst attitudes in the game. How he can come out and say the ball was there to be won in that challenge today I’ll never know. 

• Like 1

It’s 2 from 4, maybe 5 given Brighton’s run in.

Still think we’ll finish above Bournemouth and Norwich, it’s just down to how well Watford and West Ham perform in their remaining fixtures.

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Brighton result doesn't change much for me. Even if they'd lost, we'll get nowhere if we don't start picking wins up soon.

Yup, it's all in our own hands, Newcastle, arsenal, Palace and West ham are game we can get our wins at and that should be enough imo 

Maupay is detestable and a violent cretin. Won’t forget his stamp from the other season. He scores basically a tap-in and somehow he’s valued higher. Not for me. Arsenal are a pathetic and toothless side but that’s another issue. 

It was going to be difficult to drag Brighton in, the best test is West Ham. 

The team will only stay up with wins. It’s not beyond them. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Don't  expect any favors from Wolves either they've already been dropped points this season against Southampton and Everton when both those teams were struggling and Newcastle and Brighton twice, and also Watford.