Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, villalad21 said:

Know you don't like Bruce but he is finishing above us this season. You just have to accept it.

Newcastle will finish above us for sure but I think they are our easiest remaining fixture. We just have to win that match

I hope I get proven wrong, I would cop abuse for the entire off season if it meant we stayed up...... All logic says that we will be playing at the Sty next season for 3 points.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Know you don't like Bruce but he is finishing above us this season. You just have to accept it.

Pretty much as expected, they've been **** awful, easily the worst team I've seen this year... And they finish above us... The point from the start of the season hasn't really changed, there's no future in bruceball but if (and it was a huge if at the start let alone now) Smith can get it to click we could push on 

33 minutes ago, useless said:

Hard to see where we're going to get twelve points from these fixtures...

Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (h), Man Utd (h), Palace (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (a)...

We've got to  do one of two things we have done all season, either start picking up points away from home, or start beating the divisions better sides, neither one I can say I'm confident of us achieving. Tomorrow is such a big game, if we can somehow get the win by any means possible then it might give us some hope going into the other fixtures, if we lose I think the opposite will happen.

For that to happen I fear we are relying on something happening that isn't going to happen.

I think we're done now and its going to take a miracle to keeps us up, one that won't happen unless we get rid of Wingers, start beating bigger teams and put together some form of run of a few games.

Hopefully Tammy takes it easy on us lol. 

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still think if we beat Newcastle we will finish above them.

We be lucky if we finish above Bournemouth let alone Newcastle 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:
  • Aston Villa have taken just two points from their last 63 available against 'big-six' Premier League sides, (W0 D2 L19), drawing with Man City in November 2015, and with Man Utd this season.

We got this lads

That is shocking. It's been that way for years though. I'm sick of seeing no mark teams turn over top teams and we always roll over so easy. Managers and players have come and gone and the issue has persisted. 

Looks like the trend is coming over from Bundesliga. Hardly anyone winning at home apart from the very top teams.

Just heard the West Ham team news, they've got 4-5 key players out injury so hopefully Wolves won't lose although they seem to like gifting our relegation rivals points to f*** us over.

1 hour ago, useless said:

It was meant to be a new beginning with these new owners, but sadly something went wrong.

But it is still the beginning. We are in a much better place as a club than we were when they took over. We are absolutely travelling in the right direction now after years of decline.

• Like 1