Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

These are Watford's remainng fixtures... Burnley (a), Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Norwich (h), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h), Arsenal (a)...

No way we're getting more points than them between now and the end of the season, not only did we need them to lose today, but we also needed to win ourselves on Wednesday... In fact you could swap ours and Watford's fixtures and they'd still probably get more points than us, we're just not that good. I have a chill-sense we might not even win another game, maybe that's a little dramatic, but think our only real hope is if two of Bournmouth,  Brighton or West Ham somehow go on disastrous runs of form, but will be asking a lot for them to do worse than us.

1 minute ago, useless said:

These are Watford's remainng fixtures... Burnley (a), Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Norwich (h), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h), Arsenal (a)...

No way we're getting more points than them between now and the end of the season, not only did we need them to lose today, but we also needed to win ourselves on Wednesday... In fact you could swap ours and Watford's fixtures and they'd still probably get more points than us, we're just not that good. I have a chill-sense we might not even win another game, maybe that's a little dramatic, but think our only real hope is if two of Bournmouth,  Brighton or West Ham somehow go on disastrous runs of form, but will be asking a lot for them to do worse than us.

Besides that Norwich fixture the rest are tough tough games. Give your head a wobble 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

As long as we get to the 38 points mark it will all be fine

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

As long as we get to the 38 points mark it will all be fine

11 points from 9 games, more than we’ve managed all season, not a chance. 

7 minutes ago, deeps said:

Besides that Norwich fixture the rest are tough tough games. Give your head a wobble 

You really think we’ll get more point than Watford, from our run of fixtures that includes Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Wolves? No chance. 

Edited by jim

Hard to see where we're going to get twelve points from these fixtures...

Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (h), Man Utd (h), Palace (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (a)...

We've got to  do one of two things we have done all season, either start picking up points away from home, or start beating the divisions better sides, neither one I can say I'm confident of us achieving. Tomorrow is such a big game, if we can somehow get the win by any means possible then it might give us some hope going into the other fixtures, if we lose I think the opposite will happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I still think if we beat Newcastle we will finish above them.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still think if we beat Newcastle we will finish above them.

Then you are deluded.

We can still stay up but we are never in a million years finishing above Newcastle this season

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Hard to see where we're going to get twelve points from these fixtures...

Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (h), Man Utd (h), Palace (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (a)...

We've got to  do one of two things we have done all season, either start picking up points away from home, or start beating the divisions better sides, neither one I can say I'm confident of us achieving. Tomorrow is such a big game, if we can somehow get the win by any means possible then it might give us some hope going into the other fixtures, if we lose I think the opposite will happen.

The suspension has changed things. It's harder to predict now. We could still end up doing just as poorly as we would've done otherwise but right now I'm slightly more confident (or less pessimistic) about a lot of those fixtures than I was before the suspension.

• Like 1

Newcastle won't be easy, I think we have a poor record away to them, and with the Bruce factor and them probably still needing a win to ensure survival they will be determined to beat us. Just looked we've only won against them once in the last ten years, and the last time we won at St James' Park since 2005. To be honest I was more hopeful about beating Sheffield United than them, same with Wolves and Palace.

We need someone to really step up and do something quite extraordinary. Whilst the performance v Sheffield wasn't bad - it wasn't anything we have already seen this season.

Can't see who though to be honest. We look delicate at the back and powder puff up front. Can't see many games where will score more than 1 goal.