Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Actually until Newcastle get another win I won’t rule them out. They could go in a losing run.

Highly unlikely but they have a lot of 6 pointers. 

Hope they lose to Sheffield.

Then they play us, Bournemouth, West Ham and Man City.

If they lose to Sheffield and we win against them. Thats us 29 compared to their 35. The next 2 6 pointers will say where they stand.

Norwich are now done & in my opinion there are five teams in competition for the last two spots. Villa, Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth & Brighton. I don't see Newcastle getting drawn back into the mix.

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Norwich are now done & in my opinion there are five teams in competition for the last two spots. Villa, Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth & Brighton. I don't see Newcastle getting drawn back into the mix.

They might not go down, but they have some tricky games. If they lost they're next 5 then it would look a lot different. I won't rule that if I'm honest. They'll play 3 of those 5, plus Sheff Utd and City. I'd like Sheff Utd to beat them, then we'll have our biggest game this season I think (not sure if I'd say bigger than the final).

Newcastle wn today and they will virtually be safe, 38 points wth eight games left to play, would take one of the worst runs of form that premer league as ever seen for them to go down at this stage. In fact would probably be better for us if they did win today, make them virtually safe when we play them so they might not be as determined to get the win.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Newcastle wn today and they will virtually be safe, 38 points wth eight games left to play, would take one of the worst runs of form that premer league as ever seen for them to go down at this stage. In fact would probably be better for us if they did win today, make them virtually safe when we play them so they might not be as determined to get the win.

They may already be safe.

Decent goal difference and it's not out of the question that 35 pts could be enough this season.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

i actually think that's what's going to decide the season. not playing the teams near the top, but teams with games against the mid table sides that potentially dont care. we have a few of those, newcastle, palace, arsenal and everton. add liverpool to that as they'll have won the league by then

today will be really interesting as you have 3 relegation threatened teams vs 3 mid table sides. it's going to be really interesting to see how the mid table lot approach games. i fear they're going to go through the motions, so today could be a bad day for us

there's been a bit of tension between us and newcastle in recent years. they didnt turn up at villa park and they'll want to avenge that. wednesday really is massive

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Would you take a point right now?

I would have preferred 4 points from the first two games to be honest. 

Yes, I would have taken a point out of the Chelsea game before Wednesday but now it feels like we need three. Why? Because I think that we will lose against Utd and Liverpool and only get a point off Arsenal at best. I think Wolves will beat us too. We need to get as close to 40 points as possible to have a chance of survival. I thought Sheff Utd was one of our best chances of 3 points and we failed. 

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I would have preferred 4 points from the first two games to be honest. 

Yes, I would have taken a point out of the Chelsea game before Wednesday but now it feels like we need three. Why? Because I think that we will lose against Utd and Liverpool and only get a point off Arsenal at best. I think Wolves will beat us too. We need to get as close to 40 points as possible to have a chance of survival. I thought Sheff Utd was one of our best chances of 3 points and we failed. 

Man Utd will beat us because they got a mega squad.

These new rules f***s us. We can't compete.

Leicester and Wolves still playing for europe, as are Arsenal, and Palace might feel they need one more win to guarantee safety, so in theory all the teams playing our relegation rivals have something to play for. Not confident of Wolves beating West Ham though, they still seem to struggle against the division's weaker teams, in fact take away their wins against Man City and Spurs and they'd still be needing points to be sure of safety themselves. Leicester also have been out form, except against us of course, winning only  one of their last five games.

West Ham will be an interesting one actually. Think they'll benefit from behind closed doors as we know how toxic London stadium is when they're losing and look like they might go down.

Got Wolves, Chelsea, Watford and Burnley at home before they play us. Suppose one good thing is at least one of them/Watford will drop points right near the end of the season so we must capitalise on that weekend however we're playing.

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Watford look good. They will pull away I think. It’s 3 from Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton in my view! Not much room for failure!

Gotta give it to Pearson. He has made them defensively sound.

Whenever i watched them under their previous managers this season they looked woeful defensively.

This is why we needed a win against Sheffield United, people overrating them and talking as if it was an amazing result, we have to set our standards higher than that, and Watford getting a draw, maybe a win against a better team in Leicester shows us why. We're down like a reflection in a puddle, unless we start winning games, draws aren't good enough, no matter how good the opposition are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

This is why we needed a win against Sheffield United, people overrating them and talking as if it was an amazing result, we have to set our standards higher than that, and Watford getting a draw, maybe a win against a better team in Leicester shows us why. We're down like a reflection in a puddle, unless we start winning games, draws aren't good enough, no matter how good the opposition are.

I agree. The Sheff result has made tomorrow must win! 
Leicester are rocking here. Can see Watford getting all 3 points!