Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

46 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hause is the definition of individual mistake

we were hardly tested on Weds, I would not call Billy Sharp and Oli McBurnie Prem quality forwards. 

Haha its ridiculous Sharp didn't exactly rip up trees in League 1!

In normal circumstances a draw against Chel wouldn't be a bad result, but we need a win for obvious reasons and for the psychological aspect of the game, because this thing of not being able to beat the division's better sides will start to eat into the players minds which is the last thing we need now considering we're going to be mostly playng the divisons better sides between now and the end of the season; the sooner we can exorcise this wicked run of bad form the better, beat Chelsea and wlll give us some confidence back.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Haha its ridiculous Sharp didn't exactly rip up trees in League 1!

Sheffield united are a tidy team but likes of McBurnie, Sharp and McGoldrick are very slow by premier league standards so pretty easy to mark as they certainly wouldn't be outpacing Mings or even Hause. Was surprised they didn't put Mousset on to very late as he's one you can knock a long pass up to and he'll stretch a defence.

Chelsea is completely different prospect. Lots of speed and movement out wide and upfront. Think back to how badly we struggled against Spurs's pace, they must've had 5-6 one on ones with Reina with simple balls over the top completely taking out our backline.

We need to remain conservative but still make sure we get our attackers into the game which we did on Wednesday.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

We was unlucky not to get anything from Chelsea earlier in the season and they're a very hit or miss team these days, hopefully with the long break they'll come back a bit slow and sluggish and we can take advantage of it

Not really.

They were very dominant and could have easily scored more on the day. 22 shots

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not really.

They were very dominant and could have easily scored more on the day. 22 shots

11 of those off target, only 4 more shots on target compared to us and it finished 2-1 so I'd say that's pretty unlucky not to get anything. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

11 of those off target, only 4 more shots on target compared to us and it finished 2-1 so I'd say that's pretty unlucky not to get anything. 

Didn’t Engles hit the post in the last couple of minutes too? Could have been 2-2 if I remember rightly. 

• Like 1

It’s 2 teams from 4 - us, Wet Spam, Brighton and Bournemouth. I think Bournemouth will drop and I suspect Wet Spam will survive so it’s us or Brighton. Under normal circumstances their run in would be considered awful. If after the next 2 fixtures we have 5 points including the point against Sheff Utd I’d be very confident that we’ll survive.

As expected.

United made 4 changes and didn't change in quality. Actually looked like they improved.

Spurs made 2 changes..they couldn't compete with United's mega squad. Spurs clearly tired and barely hang on.

Those squads will blast through the rest. So f***ing unfair.

Edited by villalad21

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

As expected.

United made 4 changes and didn't change in quality. Actually looked like they improved.

Spurs made 2 changes..they couldn't compete with United's mega squad. Spurs clearly tired and barely hang on.

Those squads will blast through the rest. So f***ing unfair.

That's levy's fault for being a cheap skate and not paying the going rate for players,  whilst spending millions on a white elephant of a stadium (only partially joking)

As for the other clubs in the lower half of the league, you're right, it is extremely unfair to start allowing 5 substitutions against those teams.

31 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

It’s 2 teams from 4 - us, Wet Spam, Brighton and Bournemouth. I think Bournemouth will drop and I suspect Wet Spam will survive so it’s us or Brighton. Under normal circumstances their run in would be considered awful. If after the next 2 fixtures we have 5 points including the point against Sheff Utd I’d be very confident that we’ll survive.

I wouldn't exclude Watford from the relegation candidates.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sheffield united are a tidy team but likes of McBurnie, Sharp and McGoldrick are very slow by premier league standards so pretty easy to mark as they certainly wouldn't be outpacing Mings or even Hause. Was surprised they didn't put Mousset on to very late as he's one you can knock a long pass up to and he'll stretch a defence.

Chelsea is completely different prospect. Lots of speed and movement out wide and upfront. Think back to how badly we struggled against Spurs's pace, they must've had 5-6 one on ones with Reina with simple balls over the top completely taking out our backline.

We need to remain conservative but still make sure we get our attackers into the game which we did on Wednesday.

They were saying in the forums that Mousset should of been put on, there fans were totally annoyed at that one not happening. 

Our lads will get to see a team that pretty much go up and down the pitch doing whatever they can in every area they are in, I think we will do well for a draw to be honest.

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Of course. But that doesn't mean we should ignore goals against.

We all want to improve.

If we defend like we did before the break we will go down. If we defend like we did on Wednesday we got a chance.

Ignoring goals against and looking at Norwich’s to have a dig at ours are two different thing.

2 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Yes sorry blame the Sauvignon Blanc.... it’s 2 from 5. 

Actually until Newcastle get another win I won’t rule them out. They could go in a losing run.

Highly unlikely but they have a lot of 6 pointers. 

Hope they lose to Sheffield.

Then they play us, Bournemouth, West Ham and Man City.

If they lose to Sheffield and we win against them. Thats us 29 compared to their 35. The next 2 6 pointers will say where they stand.