Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, useless said:

Right up until the last day of the summer transfer window there were strong rumours and newspapers reports of us spending big on another striker, mades sense as we only had Wesley, and an injury prone Kodjia and Davis, couldn't quite believe when we didn't sign one, should have at least signed Samatta back then.

I thought Ben Yedder was on his way :(

Sometimes you have to look out for other results, I'll be hopnig for defeats for West Ham, Watford, Brighton and Bournemouth for example, but won't make any difference if we don't start winninig and we're running out of time to do so.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Cannot believe we've conceded more than them

And people blame individual mistakes. Sorry you dont concede that many for just individual mistakes. The manager is mostly to blame for that stat

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

And people blame individual mistakes. Sorry you dont concede that many for just individual mistakes. The manager is mostly to blame for that stat

I agree but we saw big improvement on Wednesday. 

But it would be so typical Villa to take 2 steps backwards against Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I agree but we saw big improvement on Wednesday. 

But it would be so typical Villa to take 2 steps backwards against Chelsea.

Im taken aback by your praise of Wednesdays performance. I feel like you’re playing with us. It’s also come at the same that you’ve removed Fulham. 

Are you actually getting behind the club.....

• Thanks 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im taken aback by your praise of Wednesdays performance. I feel like you’re playing with us. It’s also come at the same that you’ve removed Fulham. 

I liked what i saw on Wednesday against a good team.

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I liked what i saw on Wednesday against a good team.

Long may it continue.

I thought we were the best of 2 totally off the pace teams to be honest but it’s good to see some positivity from you. 

Long may it continue.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You lot know it’s goals difference and not goals against the league is judged on? Norwich are finished. Be happy about that instead of moaning our goals against is worse than there’s. 

Of course. But that doesn't mean we should ignore goals against.

We all want to improve.

If we defend like we did before the break we will go down. If we defend like we did on Wednesday we got a chance.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find it bewildering too. I thought that Wednesday was a must-win considering our run-in. I fully expect us to lose on Sunday but hope to be wronged.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I find it bewildering too. I thought that Wednesday was a must-win considering our run-in. I fully expect us to lose on Sunday but hope to be wronged.

Would you take a point right now?

No way anyone should take a point now, we need a win. It's no good sayinig that we can beat Palace and Newcastle, and West Ham, as it doesn't work like that, we aren't just going to conveniently win those kind of games and come away with nine points, we will need to get some wins against some the better teams as well, something we haven't been able to do all season, which is why I'm finding it hard to entertain any hope that we can survive.

Our inability to turn defeats into draws has been our biggest weakness. One point against Chelsea is decent. We should have got a point against Spurs twice and got nothing. That gets us out of the bottom 3

18 minutes ago, useless said:

No way anyone should take a point now, we need a win. It's no good sayinig that we can beat Palace and Newcastle, and West Ham, as it doesn't work like that, we aren't just going to conveniently win those kind of games and come away with nine points, we will need to get some wins against some the better teams as well, something we haven't been able to do all season, which is why I'm finding it hard to entertain any hope that we can survive.

Well said!

Some seem to have this blasé attitude that we’ll beat the likes of Palace, Newcastle and West Ham. Much like they did earlier when we had a winnable run of games and we know what happened there.

All games are must win now because of the failures early in the season. Time is running out and I fear we’ve left it too late. 

• Like 1