Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I will always love Aston Villa, I will always care about them and when football returns I will still follow them.

On the whole though, sport and everything to do with it at the professional level makes me sick. When our lives return to normal, or whatever the new normal is, I will spend more of my time following local teams in my area. 

Likewise. My interest in the pro side of football is at an all time low. 

• Like 2

I've got new interests now.

I doubt i'll ever watch a football match again on the telly never mind go to a stadium in the freezing cold to watch a load of toerags run about and get paid for it.....and to travel 100 miles to london spending £135 + hotel to watch a game they had no chance of winning? What was I thinkinG?

The Premier league will have to do something very amazing to win me back from my new hobbies. I've seen it all before.

29 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I doubt i'll ever watch a football match again on the telly never mind go to a stadium in the freezing cold to watch a load of toerags run about and get paid for it.....and to travel 100 miles to london spending £135 + hotel to watch a game they had no chance of winning? What was I thinkinG?

The Premier league will have to do something very amazing to win me back from my new hobbies. I've seen it all before.

Out of interest, what are your new interests? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This whole saga has me done with the premier league

Have not missed it one bit and frankly couldn’t give a rats arse about it anymore

5 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I actually don’t care about football anymore. Obviously I hope they don’t relegate us and football comes back one day and I will enjoy it again, for the time being I really don’t care and fed up of arguments about it.

I don't believe that, if us lit didn't care we wouldn't even be in a football site for a start, at most still putting our words into these conversations.

Were all pissed off, that's what it is, the whole situation and those who disregard the safety and wellbeing of those below them, just to get football back.

What they going to do if a footballer drops dead on the pitch in front of camera's or they take corona back to there loved ones and they pass away from it. I feel that's what we're coming to for the idiots at top to see the light on all this.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

You are kidding, everybody has seen it.  No media bias in the vid attached, it’s his own words around the thirty second to one minute mark.  There is no way you can misinterpret it any other way.  

I have no bias, I couldn’t care less about America, although I love visiting NY in the winter but I haven’t been for years.  I watched his whole press conference to make sure no misinterpretation and there is no way I did.

No further comment from the one claiming that Trump never said these words 😝

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

It'll be a farce as soon as the first players get positive tests, I mean beyond the three Brighton players who already have done of course.  Better to be lucky than good really if the season restarts, which is just what you want at the crunch part of a season.  

Understandable that Villa fans isn't excited about the prospect of football being back. Dean haven't given us much to cheer about this season.

I think The Blades fans are opposite. They are probably starved for football now and probably can't wait to return and try push for those top 4 spots and CL football.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

It'll be a farce as soon as the first players get positive tests, I mean beyond the three Brighton players who already have done of course.  Better to be lucky than good really if the season restarts, which is just what you want at the crunch part of a season.  

Imagine if they were United players, it would be a top news story. The story of Brighton players who have tested positive has been buried under project restart headlines on the sky sports website. 

I guess it's in their invested interest for that.

Edited by TreeVillan
  • Like 1

Bearing in mind it's already been stated that the season cannot be completed with fans, why has there not been any communication about season ticket refunds? 

They are surely due, has anyone read the terms and conditions? 

I understand theatres and concerts have already dealt with this as have the travel industry. 

I'm ok with it personally but there are many people struggling who could really use the money back.  They should surely be dealing with that? 

8 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Excellent, will your interest in writing on football Web sites take a similar dive? 🤞🤞🤞

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KHV said:

This whole saga has me done with the premier league

I think a lot of people are in this boat.  It has pulled the mask right off and what we have is just badly run clubs and the premier league desperately tying to scrape money from anywhere at any cost.

The fact that they are even considering games behind closed doors tells us the fans are not needed or cared about in any sense.  If you offered them 10 years TV money but you can´t have any home fans,  they would kick the door down for that deal and try to extend it most likely.  Absolute words removed the lot of them.  It doesn´t help them that people on 25k / 30k in the health service are dead or dying and then in the `Sport` we have words removed trying to get things started so it will cheer the country up to see Liverpool crowned champions.  I can´t think of anything the public would like to see less IMO.  Champagne and bus rides and all that,  how about they are get ****.  

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its like someone still trying to get through the  locked  front door  without a key when the house around it has collapsed. 

This post instantly took me back to my childhood with Saturday morning Harold Lloyd re-runs. Its just the sort of thing he would do. 

21 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think a lot of people are in this boat.  It has pulled the mask right off and what we have is just badly run clubs and the premier league desperately tying to scrape money from anywhere at any cost.

The fact that they are even considering games behind closed doors tells us the fans are not needed or cared about in any sense.  If you offered them 10 years TV money but you can´t have any home fans,  they would kick the door down for that deal and try to extend it most likely.  Absolute words removed the lot of them.  It doesn´t help them that people on 25k / 30k in the health service are dead or dying and then in the `Sport` we have words removed trying to get things started so it will cheer the country up to see Liverpool crowned champions.  I can´t think of anything the public would like to see less IMO.  Champagne and bus rides and all that,  how about they are get ****.  

and then as soon as football restarts...

time will crawl GIF

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Weirdly I'm the opposite, I really have missed football.  I hate the BS of players salaries, the dominance of the big clubs because of money, FFP is biased, VAR is rubbish.........yeah all that is a given but watching the quality and pace the PL football has I miss.  While my feelings have changed over the years where on the day of the game I would wake up and  the whole day would be consumed with the game and emotions after the game would decide whether I would be in a mood or would be out celebrating.  As life passes me by I end up having too much personal stuff to do before and after games but still those few hours before the game, the game and after really bring out my passion for the Villa.

But just in general, I love movies, reading, concerts and comedy gigs but general tv is just the worst.  I just cant get into these shows from BGT to Eastenders and all that, so my down time at night and nice Sunday afternoons, especially in the winter is put on a game and defocus from everything, I love it.

In this downtime I'm a little lost, watched all the movies and box sets I wanted and read a number of books, I've done DIY and realise I am the worst DIY person ever but I cant wait for footy to be back.  Obviously I dont think football should be back any time soon and the health of the NHS and first responders are above everything else but when it is safe (and I'm not convinced about BCD but would be wise for next season) that football comes back and I am looking forward to it and hopefully Villa still in the big time.  It will also mean I get off this damn website more because I have been on it far more than I like.  It's a brilliant website and the majority on here I love hearing and seeing the different views but I lose hours on it over this lockdown period and feel personally I have been on too much not just this website but my other social media platforms so I need football back...

• Like 3