Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

No i am a Villa fan but that doesn't mean you can't give credit to other teams.

It's really sad how football fans have become. It's become like a cult. I have no wish to become a part of that.

I don't see any positives in Villa this season. It's been an embarrassing season and it comes down to poor coaching.

FYI @TRO

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

FYI @TRO

Well thats where we might disagree, but its his opinion.

I think Jack individually had been a shining light and I think his game has gone up a gear....But I an digressing away from the point, just to add some balance.

but not many players have improved, sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The damage has already been done. No manager is saving us this season, far too late. Should have happened at Christmas.

Null and Void is the only chance in saving us.

We were heading for 20th before the outbreak.

Unfortunately I do agree with this.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Jack individually had been a shining light and I think his game has gone up a gear....But I an digressing away from the point, just to add some balance.

But i am referring to the team.

IMO we've been steadily  getting worse as the season's progressed, so no. I don't see any positives.

If the team is getting worse then where are the positives? 

We are 19th in the table. The worst in the league in every defensive stat. Worst away record in the league.

Jack. Yeah i can agree on that one. Kid's had an amazing season, but it's hard for me to find any positives this season, it really is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But i am referring to the team.

IMO we've been steadily  getting worse as the season's progressed, so no. I don't see any positives.

If the team is getting worse then where are the positives? 

We are 19th in the table. The worst in the league in every defensive stat. Worst away record in the league.

Jack. Yeah i can agree on that one. Kid's had an amazing season, but it's hard for me to find any positives this season, it really is.

I know what you mean.

• Like 1

Positives this season: someone suggested there were none.

Jack

Mcginn was dipping before he got injured needed a rest

Heaton

Engels, Luiz and Nakamba - I think there are good players in there and with time perform more consistently (Luiz is 22 years old)

Targett good attacking .

All players now have premier league experience 

Samatta looks like he could be a real asset.

Fantastic home support

Edited by Only2McInallys
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The damage has already been done. No manager is saving us this season, far too late. Should have happened at Christmas.

Null and Void is the only chance in saving us.

We were heading for 20th before the outbreak.

I think we have a better chance than we did before the league was postponed.

I think restarting the season is a abhorrent idea, however.

Edited by Morkery

39 minutes ago, Morkery said:

I think we have a better chance than we did before the league was postponed.

I think restarting the season is a abhorrent idea, however.

Other clubs will have players back as well. Not just us.

No one will be match fit though so that changes things up a bit.

Heard an interesting interview with an EFL official on TS on Thursday night.

Apparently nobody has even asked the Officials if they are ok with Project restart! How considerate being as they will actually surely be exposed to the virus in the exact same way. The person said that a lot of EFL officials are extremely worried by it and quite angry that they (PL / EFL) haven't even discussed it with them, or something along those lines. Many officials are older too & also have families.

As for all this that's going on i think it's clear that we are in a very weak position & are vulnerable to blackmailing & bullying due to our position in the table as it sits. I will however never forget this disgusting behaviour and it most definitely will impact on how much money i put into the game from now on. As i've said before i don't really care that much which division we are in personally, a game of football is just that whichever division we're in but i will never forget the day the Premier League showed it's true colours & i will talk about it differently from now on with anybody & everybody. It's dropped down so many pegs in my opinion that there actually are no pegs left for it to drop.

As for Villa i will continue supporting the club through thick & thin.

Frankly they can shove their horrible "Product" where their morals are & i think we all know where that is.

It's been a good learning experience though & has truly outed some right knob-jockeys.

I can't even agree that we truly deserve to be in the bottom 3 when considering the robbed VAR points etc. We have been poor in a lot of games for sure but not all & there are 3 worse teams down there in my view overall as has been evidenced by our position in the table for the vast majority of the season.

• Like 2

Mirror saying up to 50 players might refuse to play .

Sure there are plenty of players who could go months without pay so will have no issue bailing out for a few months.Which then makes the league even more of a lottery 

As for our season , we have gotten worse for the most part.I saw a stat that our cb pairing Engels and Mings have the most individual mistakes in the league at 8 , for comparison Palace and zero iirc .Palace pretty poor when I have seen them but they grind out 1-0 wins and draws. Individual mistakes have cost us dear an exp CB would have certainly helped but the tactics and set up and set pieces have been poor and that's on Smith for me. 

The Times reporting growing number of Championship clubs want to end season on PPG , I wonder if any of those clubs are the same one's making a noise about PL clubs not wanting to play ..

Edited by Nabby

There was a interesting article in the Guardian online today about professional sports men and women from BAME backgrounds who are concerned due to the proportionally higher fatality rate recorded so far in the pandemic. Was something I had not thought about to be honest but it must be a concern.

53 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Heard an interesting interview with an EFL official on TS on Thursday night.

Apparently nobody has even asked the Officials if they are ok with Project restart! How considerate being as they will actually surely be exposed to the virus in the exact same way. The person said that a lot of EFL officials are extremely worried by it and quite angry that they (PL / EFL) haven't even discussed it with them, or something along those lines. Many officials are older too & also have families.

They havent consulted officials, players or managers. The people who actually make the game not these scumbag administrators who arent taking any risks

• Like 1

I doubt that Villa will stay up if the season continues BCD at neutral venues. Even if we played all our remaining games at Villa Park the atmosphere just wouldn't be the same without it being packed out with our fans. No doubt about it, we would find it mighty difficult without them. 

6 hours ago, useless said:

With McGinn fit we'd spent most of our time outside the bottom three, the game in which he was injured was the first time we'd dropped into the relegation zone since September, so he does make a difference, if he hadn't have picked up his injury I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't be in the relegation zone now.

I love McGinn but his performances leading up to his injury were crap, mainly because he was for some reason pushed so high up the pitch and would run into three players and lose possession instantly. I get why Dean put him there because he has scored some cracking goals in that position, but that didn't last very long.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Heaton gave the defence confidence but Reina has made them nervous wrecks. 

The injury to Heaton (and also Wesley) on New Years Day was such a blow. We were so good that day. Played some great stuff at times and looked like we might have turned a corner. Just our luck that we get 2 ACL injuries in the same game to bring us crashing back down. Nobody can deny we've had bad luck with injuries. How many teams can say they've lost their first choice GK and striker to season ending injuries and in every game since the start of December have had at least one of their three best players missing? (Mings and McGinn).

Edited by Okonokos