Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Uefa asking leagues to decide when they will restart by may is absolutely ridiculous. 

Those idiots need to stop applying pressure while people are losing their lives. More to life than football you absolute morons

They're trying to pressure leagues to make a decision so they can make there own calls as to whether they need to speak to their insurers. Likewise the league's are pretty much doing the same thing with governments - either we go ahead at all costs or we are stopped by higher authorities and can let the lawyers sort the money out.

I sincerely hope someone at Villa Park is speaking to some expensive lawyers in the event the League decides that the season can be held as complete despite not actually having been completed.

I say that as a Villa fan, but as a right thinking person, there's no justification for allowing the season to continue. Besides that it's going to cost the League a lot and cause some headaches that aren't going away any time soon if it doesn't. Which in light of a global pandemic where you've got headlines like Spanish care homes being abandoned to let the occupants die, and New York digging mass graves, I kinda don't give a **** about to be honest.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

They will try to play all matched remaining at St Georges Park with the players staying on site, resulting in stolen traffic cones and a  dismantled corby trouser press.

Drug dealers and prostitutes in the Burton area is going to make a killing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

ESPN are reporting that a minority of Premier League players dont want to continue playing

It's all it takes. I can understand the mentality of a hugely wealthy young man who doesn't want to uneccessarily end their career and possibly their life with a debilitating lung disease. It'd be a majority if they were all a bit smarter. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

ESPN are reporting that a minority of Premier League players dont want to continue playing

So they just want to be paid for doing nothing while nurses get paid a paltry amount for risking their lives. 

I don’t have a problem with football not resuming for safety reasons but I do have a problem with footballers not wanting to play when they are in the lowest risk group of people anyway. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Drug dealers and prostitutes in the Burton area is going to make a killing.

Chav capital of Britain, i should know living here! So long as they don't expect any level of customer service they'll be fine. As for the two suggestions they'll likely be fine for the first one but doubt they'll have much joy on the second

ugly.jpg

• Haha 3

Le Parisien in France claim that senior French government officials are engaged in a lobbying effort with their partners in Germany, Italy, Spain and England so that None of the other top five leagues’ 2019/20 seasons restart.

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Chav capital of Britain, i should know living here! So long as they don't expect any level of customer service they'll be fine. As for the two suggestions they'll likely be fine for the first one but doubt they'll have much joy on the second

ugly.jpg

Don’t know what burton is like but I know there’s loads of crackheads living in tents in stoke 

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don’t have a problem with football not resuming for safety reasons but I do have a problem with footballers not wanting to play when they are in the lowest risk group of people anyway. 

I am sorry but that is bullshit, football players are not superhuman and are vulnerable as well. Footballers are humans so they have families as well so why should they be also put at risk

• Like 4

Just now, Zatman said:

I am sorry but that is bullshit, football players are not superhuman and are vulnerable as well. Footballers are humans so they have families as well so why should they be also put at risk

Stick up for them as much you like other people don’t have the luxury lives they have 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

a luxury life wont stop a premier league football possibly infecting his wife and kids

Well it’s a good job nurses and doctors don’t think that way. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

ugly.jpg

That's what happens when men f*ck horses! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

you can tarnish me with the same stick because I think that way too, its not exclusive to footballers 

if the country is still on lockdown and the PL say they have to start playing again id be amazed if the PFA didn't tell them to **** off (unless of course Gordon Taylor gets a bit more cash out of it) why should they? if your employer said to you you're not a key worker but we want you to come in anyway would you? if the answer is yes then the next question is why?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I’m in awe of the doctors and nurses, in fact any first responders. I have no issue if the footballers don’t want to play, in fact I’d be surprised if they did.  I’m locked down in my house and only go out for food so no way could I have a go at footballers wanting to do the same.  

I don’t want to risk death or unknown future complications for the sake of a couple of months.  I’m only 43 and I know people roughly the same age as me who have died of this virus, yes one of those just recovered from his second round of cancer treatment so was vulnerable but I’m not risking it.

I don't see how you go from grealish / walker / kean you irresponsible rocket polishers, leaving your house while the lockdown is on, hand over £150k as a punishment

to the lockdown is still on but you have to leave your house to play football

obviously take the alcohol and hookers out of it...what's the difference between 4 footballers meeting up in one of their houses and 18 of them meeting up in a dressing room? one of them has piers morgan spitting feathers

• Like 2

Jeez another 4,400 deaths added to the total today including catch up and today’s death toll of 765.  We are now 3rd highest country death toll at over 26,000 and still running high daily totals and there is still a question whether this season is over.

• Like 1

That’s fair enough but footballers in the Premier League are a special case because they are being paid very well and when they say they don’t want to do anything for it it does rankle. 

On the news today a man had invested his life savings in a cafe which he hasn’t been able to open. He would love to have the chance to save his business. 

I just do not have empathy for footballers