Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Still have to manage to take advantage of it.

You think we would have done that with our current history of playing against 10 men?

Regardless you got to have the balls to actually play against them when you get the chance. In the final too often we just brainlessly hoofed it away whenever we won the ball back.

And players of that quality! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Still have to manage to take advantage of it.

You think we would have done that with our current history of playing against 10 men?

Regardless you got to have the balls to actually try to play when you get the chance. In the final too often we just brainlessly hoofed it away whenever we won the ball back.

Probably not because we’re not actually that good. I don’t think a manager can wave his magic wand and make these players better. I do however think it was a respectable performance in the cup final.  

Im not defending Smith or the team and I can see all our weaknesses clearly as the next man.. As I’m sure the team can too. But it’s been discussed to death and it’s boring now.  

We’ve got 11 cup finals left.  Let’s debate each one as they come.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably not because we’re not actually that good. I don’t think a manager can wave his magic wand and make these players better. I do however think it was a respectable performance in the cup final.  

Im not defending Smith or the team and I can see all our weaknesses clearly as the next man.. As I’m sure the team can too. But it’s been discussed to death and it’s boring now.  

Respectable scoreline. The performance i thought were cowardly.

For the whole game it just looked like we tried to maintain a respectable scoreline.

In one way i can understand it. You don't want to be embarrassed right before a set of crucial fixtures in the league at the same i time i want my team to go for it more in a freaking final.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

For the whole game it just looked like we tried to maintain a respectable scoreline.

In one way i can understand it. You don't want to be embarrassed right before a set of crucial fixtures in the league at the same i time i want my team to go for it more in a freaking final.

Pull the other one mate ;)

PS are you really in San Francisco? 

• Like 1

You don't want to face the reality and stats that's your problem.

I'm being critical because i want improvement.

I've been on about the shot against stats since Christmas and i remember you ignoring it because you don' want to deal with the issue. Only difference now is teams taking their chances against us.

Just now, villalad21 said:

You don't want to face the reality and stats that's your problem.

I'm being critical because i want improvement.

I've been on about the shot against stats since Christmas and i remember you ignoring it because you don' want to deal with the issue. Only difference now is teams taking their chances against us.

I don't think you enjoy football (or just Aston villa) and should take a break from it 

Not good for you to be this miserable over it 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You moan about the 6-1 for being gung ho. Lose 2-1 we are cowardly

Think its back to Fulhamtalk soon. Your time is up buddy

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You moan about the 6-1 for being gung ho. Lose 2-1 we are cowardly

Think its back to Fulhamtalk soon. Your time is up buddy

There's a middle line between too attacking and too defensive.

13 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just looked at Liverpool’s fixtures. They need three more wins for the title. They have Everton, Palace, Man City and Villa. It’s conceivable that they go into our game needing the win for the league. 

Can see Man. City dropping points today so think Liverpool will win it before they play us.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Wolves had 62 % possession against them and 21-7 in shots when they beat them 3-2

That was in the game where Man. City had 10 men for pretty much the whole game.

When they won 2-0 up there they didn't actually have a shot on target until 80th minute when they scored first (defended their box very well though).

If you look at Man. City's recent cup final appearences don't think any team's had more than three shots on target v them in last 3-4 years so we did as much as we could.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think that is a fair comment......Lets.

Some statement that.

I can think of lots of managers that do, make their players better.....In fact it is an important feature of a good manager.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some statement that.

I can think of lots of managers that do, make their players better.....In fact it is an important feature of a good manager.

I’m talking about our team right now. Not managers in general. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

. I don’t think a manager can wave his magic wand and make these players better.

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some statement that.

To be brutally honest I think our biggest issue is players not working hard enough, putting a shift in, hassling and harrying, basically giving the most basic of expectations......working hard.

On paper this team has the quality to stay up, but for some reason the mentality of some of the players seems to be wrong.

So yeah, developing players is a medium to long term thing, expecting players to work hard is an immediate expectation, week in, week out, too often, for whatever reason, the players only seem to turn up 50% of the time.

If we do get relegated, imo the single biggest contributor to that will probably be how soft our team is most of the time.

Working hard isnt something special that we should thank them for, it's an expectation, of which quite a few regularly fail unfortunately, for whatever reason that might be.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1