Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Absolutely gutted we didn't take any points from Tottenham this season. I know at the start of the season it isn't one you expect to win necessarily but christ they've been poor. Theyd be 14th or 15th without their results against us. Same goes for Arsenal, surely it wont be zero points for the season off them too.

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Thge Spurs defence is non-existent. How come we managed to lose to them? 😡

Because, like the games before that, we fall apart and hand easy goals to teams. Even if we had fallen apart half as much we'd probably be on another 6 points.

I sometimes question if Grealish is the right captain.

Burnley are thirteen points ahead of us in the league, sixteen points if they win today, they're only a couple of points behind the much hyped Wolves and Sheffield United as it stands, big difference between playing them and us.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Burnley are thirteen points ahead of us in the league, sixteen points if they win today, they're only a couple of points behind the much hyped Wolves and Sheffield United as it stands, big difference between playing them and us.

We took 4 points off them. And they say villa dont get shock results

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Thge Spurs defence is non-existent. How come we managed to lose to them? 😡

Minus Son and Kane, they're not the same team. We played them at the wrong time and as has been said, we didn't play that well.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Good results for us again 

Agreed.Pity about Brighton getting a point at Wolves, somehow I think they will be more up for it, when they visit us. 😠

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because we didn’t take our chances and they had Son. Had he missed that game we would have won. 

But we failed to defend.

Spurs had more chances than us.

We have to defend better if we've got any hopes of getting anything against the top teams

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But we failed to defend.

Spurs had more chances than us.

We have to defend better if we've got any hopes of getting anything against the top teams

I know we did and so have many teams against Son. He’s a class act. We al know we need to defend better, pointless to keep repeating it. 

This Burnley Spurs is odd. Both teams seem very leggy. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we did and so have many teams against Son. He’s a class act. We al know we need to defend better, pointless to keep repeating it. 

This Burnley Spurs is odd. Both teams seem very leggy. 

If it doesn't get addressed it will have to get repeated.

But i agree Son is a very good player.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Absolutely gutted we didn't take any points from Tottenham this season. I know at the start of the season it isn't one you expect to win necessarily but christ they've been poor. Theyd be 14th or 15th without their results against us. Same goes for Arsenal, surely it wont be zero points for the season off them too.

Son was simply the difference. He dosen't play, we obviously get at least a draw.

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You know how far you've declined when fans boast about beating Burnley.

Or it shows how far Burnley have come. Given them some credit, been well run for years unlike our horror show of the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You know how far you've declined when fans boast about beating Burnley.

We know how far we’ve declined when fans moan about EVERYTHING!! 

I hate to say this mate. But you’re going to get it bad on this forum WHEN Villa stay up. I’m going to be leading the charge. However  If we go down it’s all yours.

• Like 3

Didn't Burnley have the worst form in the league when we won up there? I remember they didn't have a shot on target until their goal in 80th minute and they were worse than Newcastle at getting shots on target in ther period.

Fair play to Dyche. Outstanding form in last two months and it's not like they've had an easy schedule. Still wouldn't want to watch them every week though, they're the new Stoke.

I'm sure anyone watching noted how deeper their back 4 was. So easy how Spurs could just run in on ball over the top when we played them.