Selling Villa Park?

MikeMcKenna

12 hours ago, snowychap said:

Villa Park is an asset of the company that owns it. It may be seen as an asset of the shareholders via the medium of that company that they own but it is still an important distinction to bear in mind.

How does this differ from what I said mate? Sorry, not 100% sure of your point.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fair point raised..

But if it all went tits up, how much would it cost to buy our own stadium back.. and how long could that take?

I know it's business, but it's risky business if you ask me.

Like others have said, if you were coming in to buy AVFC from NSWE, surely you would include the stadium in the purchase. If of course the stadium is still a separate entity at that point - it may well have been sold back to the club by then for the grand sum of a  Balti pie!

It’s a short term fix with potential long term implications. It’ll be the first action by the new owners that might make some people question their ultimate motives. A lot of fans trusted Lerner and Xia in the early days if their ownership, but that trust eventually eroded, so it’s of no surprise that people might be suspicious of separating a huge asset like the ground from the main entity that owns the club. 

Things are great at the moment, but things can go sour, have gone sour (in the past), and could go sour; carving VP out to be owned by a new entity makes me feel uncomfortable. 

If VP gets sold to NSWE Stadiums LTD for an inflated price, but sold back for next to nothing, then great, but time will tell. A sale could, however, allow for manipulation in the future, and exposes the club to potential damaging wrongdoings. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

If we were to sell Villa Park to the fans, can I please buy a burial plot size portion where the penalty spot is in front of the Holte End. I can then be buried, without a coffin and, because I'm so full of shit, the grass on that penalty spot will forever be lush :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Mmmmmm let's see if $2.3b Wes Edens or $7.6b Nassif Sawiris need to cash in on Villa Park 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I imagine $2.3b Wes Edens and $7.6b Nassif Sawiris got rich by maximising the profit potential of business ventures, through the careful structuring and managing of assets, and by closely looking after their after own interests and ultimate goals. 

It’s just the inherent risks that people aren’t keen on (and it would be naive to think no risks are involved). It’s probably borne out of the past troubles with previous owners. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Could this new NSWE Stadium Limited be about building a new stadium?

It's possible but unlikely. I wonder what the reaction would be to a new super stadium near the NEC that would take us to the next level? I reckon 95% would vote to stay at VP.

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

How does this differ from what I said mate? Sorry, not 100% sure of your point.

Because you're not distinguishing the layers of ownership, i.e. that shareholders own a company that itself, being a legal person, owns the asset in question.

The separate legal personality of the company is an important concept to understand and take in to account. Of course, the corporate veil can be lifted/pierced but it isn't for the company members to take it upon themselves to do that.

18 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

It's possible but unlikely. I wonder what the reaction would be to a new super stadium near the NEC that would take us to the next level? I reckon 95% would vote to stay at VP.

Wouldn’t be against a new stadium but for me it would better located  in Aston towards the city Centre. Never gunna happen as we have the space to turn VP into a multi use stadium. Could be to do with stadium expansion but my gut feeling is this is in case we don’t go up and ffp related ... 

49 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Because you're not distinguishing the layers of ownership, i.e. that shareholders own a company that itself, being a legal person, owns the asset in question.

The separate legal personality of the company is an important concept to understand and take in to account. Of course, the corporate veil can be lifted/pierced but it isn't for the company members to take it upon themselves to do that.

U wot m8?

• Haha 1

I have no problem with the sale so long as it allows us to do what we want with more freedom. The grounds main purpose will still be Villa football and entertaining the visiting fans no matter what.

I would also not be against building a new stadium for the future, it seems like stadiums are being built with better efficiency, better looking, multi purpose use, they certainly offer the very best in everything available. When I seen spurs new stadium at first I wondered how long it will be before we see a transformer that can turn into a football pitch because spurs pitch can be put under ground and away out of sight can it not??

OK. Which of the following is incorrect.

NSWE own Villa. NSWE therefore own Villa Park. NSWE can therefore (in theory, I'm not a finance wizard) sell Villa Park to an affiliated company that they also own in order to raise funds, thus circumventing FFP, and still ultimately retain control of VP.

So your saying NSWE own Villa park, can sell Villa Park to NSWE and thus still own Villa Park and NSWE could then 're sell Villa Park back to NSWE, Making NSWE the owners of Villa Park.

Interesting, can anyone confirm who owns Villa Park ? 

I find it astounding the level of faith people seem willing to place in our owners after the last couple of wide boys who rolled through. Truly remarkable. There's a ton of evidence out there as to why this is a bad idea, we would be wise not to ignore it.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I find it astounding the level of faith people seem willing to place in our owners after the last couple of wide boys who rolled through. Truly remarkable. There's a ton of evidence out there as to why this is a bad idea, we would be wise not to ignore it.

I haven’t got faith in our owners because I think they have the clubs best interests at heart. I just think its very unlikely they would behave in a manner that could tarnish their reputations.  

Now the last owner and his CEO were a different story. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â