In Vino Veritas

maqroll

Absolutely love wine, especially Italian (brunello and amarone - fyi valpolicella ripasso reuses amarone grapes and is cheaper if you like amarone) and Californian reds. After Uni I ended up managing a wine store and doing a few qualifications in wine/spirits. The wife doesn't like white wine but I'll occasionally go for a gewurtz or Riesling. 

@lapal_fan if you like ice wine you might like Tokaji wine, different style but again very sweet and enjoyable. I think Aldi also sells a bottle of ice wine every Christmas at a reasonable price, I've not tried it though so can't say if it's any good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Absolutely love wine, especially Italian (brunello and amarone - fyi valpolicella ripasso reuses amarone grapes and is cheaper if you like amarone) and Californian reds. After Uni I ended up managing a wine store and doing a few qualifications in wine/spirits. The wife doesn't like white wine but I'll occasionally go for a gewurtz or Riesling. 

@lapal_fan if you like ice wine you might like Tokaji wine, different style but again very sweet and enjoyable. I think Aldi also sells a bottle of ice wine every Christmas at a reasonable price, I've not tried it though so can't say if it's any good.

Lidl sell a couple from the same vineyard, funnily enough it's one I visited on my honey moon "Niagara on the lake" I think it's called, and that's how I found it.  We bought bottles home for people, then about 4 years later, I saw some in-store at my local Lidl after searching high and low for an anniversary present and spending a small fortune on the stuff from an online wine shop.. was pretty weird! 

I haven't tried that, and I guess Aldi will look to get in, if Lidl are.  

It sells for £14.99 in Lidl for a 50cl bottle (thin bottle), they do a Reisling and... hmm.. Can't remember, but it's a red variety.  Both really nice and I have 2 bottles left. 

13 hours ago, AJ said:

So, there they sit. Like the black thing at the beginning of 2001 ASO. I am just the monkey not sure if they are a good thing or not.

I "liberated" this from a previous employer during an office move when I worked in the wine trade. From the look of the level, it's no doubt oxidised to buggery but I've never quite got round to proving the fact. I think I just kinda like the idea of owning a bottle of wine that's older than me.

MtkZWNB.jpg

• Like 1

And for those that like their wines at the sweeter end of the scale, this is absolutely lovely stuff. About £14 but so far I've only found it at the Oxford wine shop.

2Tau0CP.jpg

58 minutes ago, choffer said:

I "liberated" this from a previous employer during an office move when I worked in the wine trade. From the look of the level, it's no doubt oxidised to buggery but I've never quite got round to proving the fact. I think I just kinda like the idea of owning a bottle of wine that's older than me.

MtkZWNB.jpg

Impressive!

Still, it forms that triangular battle within the mind. Nifty keepsake versus probably vinegar versus optimism springs eternal.

• Like 1

I get through far more wine a year than is good for me.  My favourites are whites from the Bordeaux and Burgundy regions. A good mineraly Meursault is just about the most perfect thing to drink that I can think of.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â