Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

StefanAVFC

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Sounded from the video that a few people had made a complaint against him …

don’t think it’s about non appearance in court as the comments after the video suggest 

So I guess he was acting like a prick before switching to the role of victim. He’s good at that. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

So I guess he was acting like a prick before switching to the role of victim. He’s good at that. 

hard to say as the video only starts with the policeman grabbing him , but it looks like Police got the wrong person and then let him go when witnesses pointed it out 

there is an element of who cares and tough shit , couldn't happen to a nicer bloke  ...  but the policeman involved appears to have acted on "because I can  , I was convinced you had breached security "  

don't misconstrue this with sympathy for SYL  , but I'd imagine if this happened to anyone else it would be in the Police state or the art of policing  thread 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

hard to say as the video only starts with the policeman grabbing him , but it looks like Police got the wrong person and then let him go when witnesses pointed it out 

there is an element of who cares and tough shit , couldn't happen to a nicer bloke  ...  but the policeman involved appears to have acted on "because I can  , I was convinced you had breached security "  

don't misconstrue this with sympathy for SYL  , but I'd imagine if this happened to anyone else it would be in the Police state or the art of policing  thread 

I don’t see too much wrong with it, they’ve cuffed him short term as a precaution because they thought he did something wrong then released him shortly afterwards. I expect it happens all the time. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t see too much wrong with it, they’ve cuffed him short term as a precaution because they thought he did something wrong then released him shortly afterwards. I expect it happens all the time. 

tbh i was going with the story as i reported in the Heil today , which seemed to be the only one really running it ( usual Heil caveat) 

When Robinson asks why the incident took place, the officer says: 'Because I was convinced you had breached security - that's why.'

He then clarifies that he has since spoken with witnesses and when accused of assaulting Robinson, he replies: 'I've not assaulted you. I've acted within the law because I believed at the time that you committed a crime.'

I wasn't there and can only go with the video clip  but it did seem a tad excessive  , I've been at airports when armed police have taken someone down in seconds and cuffed them on the basis of a perceived terrorism threat , no messing , no dancing up against the walls    ..I haven't seen police act in that manner at an airport which is the part I was really referring to  ... but there could be a whole heap more that I 'm not  aware of , so I'm not going out on a limb and saying the police were 100% in the wrong  , and  as you say SYL does have a history of acting like prick and then switching to victim 

I just think if that wasn't SYL in that clip , people would be asking questions 

Edit - reading the the article again it doesn't actually say "because I can " ( from my original post) .. I'm pretty sure it did originally but it isn't in the article   so I think I'm going mad 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

tbh i was going with the story as i reported in the Heil today , which seemed to be the only one really running it ( usual Heil caveat) 

[quote[]When Robinson asks why the incident took place, the officer says: 'Because I was convinced you had breached security - that's why.'

He then clarifies that he has since spoken with witnesses and when accused of assaulting Robinson, he replies: 'I've not assaulted you. I've acted within the law because I believed at the time that you committed a crime.' [/quote]

I wasn't there and can only go with the video clip  but it did seem a tad excessive  , I've been at airports when armed police have taken someone down in seconds and cuffed them on the basis of a perceived terrorism threat , no messing , no dancing up against the walls    ..I haven't seen police act in that manner at an airport which is the part I was really referring to  ... but there could be a whole heap more that I 'm not  aware of , so I'm not going out on a limb and saying the police were 100% in the wrong  , and  as you say SYL does have a history of acting like prick and then switching to victim 

I just think if that wasn't SYL in that clip , people would be asking questions 

Edit - reading the the article again it doesn't actually say "because I can " ( from my original post) .. I'm pretty sure it did originally but it isn't in the article   so I think I'm going mad 

I get your point its ok because its a bellend but if it was someone else it would be uproar

• 2 years later...

So it seems he's absconded from the UK. 

Is he intending to stay away forever? Will they bother trying to extradite him from wherever he ends up? 

He's put himself in much deeper shit than he needed to surely? 

8 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Hopefully Russia. 

He'll be on the front lines in Ukraine by the weekend. 

Wont suprise me if he ends up in Romania wity his pals the tates

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wont suprise me if he ends up in Romania wity his pals the tates

I am not sure if he is safe from extradition in Romania. 

He can be extradited if the offence committed in the UK is also an offence in Romania.  Contempt of court will be an offence in Romania.  But I am not sure if contempt of court relating to a liable case would be the same. 

If we do extradite him I hope he's brought back across the channel in a small inflatable boat. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He'll come back eventually, the maximum sentence is only 2 Years for contempt of court, he'd be out after 9 months anyway, longer he stays away the better

The longer he stays away, the bigger the grift for the defence fund

Next time he’s arrested for something, there’s no way he’s getting bail that’s for sure though.

35 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He'll come back eventually, the maximum sentence is only 2 Years for contempt of court, he'd be out after 9 months anyway, longer he stays away the better

If he gets his own private area of the prison again it will be a joke. It was basically a 1* hotel last time he was there. He needs to have the full “experience” next time.

• 4 weeks later...

So is this scumbag still partying with the Russians in Cyprus or what? 

I've not seen anything about him returning to dear old Blighty. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So is this scumbag still partying with the Russians in Cyprus or what? 

I've not seen anything about him returning to dear old Blighty. 

I think he moved from Cyprus to Spain but didn’t hear anything after that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â