Weekends Football 1/3 March

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

not a pen for me

That was my first reaction. But I am torn.  While I agree players need to have their arms some where, I would also argue the angle on that arm would have been a clear penalty if the player blocked the shot with the front of his body. Simply turning your back towards the shot does not mean you can have your arms swinging about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That was my first reaction. But I am torn.  While I agree players need to have their arms some where, I would also argue the angle on that arm would have been a clear penalty if the player blocked the shot with the front of his body. Simply turning your back towards the shot does not mean you can have your arms swinging about. 

You are giving the ref a decision to make. He wont try block a shot like that again

late to the conversation but the shot was going over the bar and the defender had his back to the ball.  The ref had a 2nd look so how that can be deliberate is beyond me!? Think they will be knocked out in the quarters by Man City so not the end of the world!

That's a penalty for me all the way. Kimbempe throws himself in the way to block the shot, and it hits his arm. Not sure how having his back to the ball makes any difference, he was trying to block the shot and he did. Very unlucky, but the moment the ref called for VAR, Kimbempe knew he was screwed.

10 hours ago, Genie said:

If the worst of top level football could be symbolised by a photo it would be of Neymar. 

Absolute word removed of the highest order. 

Wasn't there a rumour that he is always 'injured' when the Rio Carnival is on?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â