Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

54 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

What strikes me about this transfer window is that we've had no signings that have felt like panic buys or unimaginative 'lets get them because they're available and have played in the Premier League' type signings. 

We seem to have a plan. A coherent plan, based on the style of football we want to play and the type of player the manager wants. What a novelty.

It remains to be seen whether our particular plan is a good one. The strategy has put a serious amount of faith in Dean Smith and Suso however and I think that bodes well for the future of the club. 

It actually feels okay to be excited about the season ahead without the having to add in the usual caveat about villa always being predictably crap, because we seem to be doing things differently these days. 

Its been an exciting window , everyone saying its brilliant but we cant say brilliant until we see performances or what come may. I will say no matter what happens we gave it a hell of a good crack rebuilding a squad that was left to bare bones. From reading it feels like many of our fans dont have the high expectations for our club as weve been overly satisfied linked to average championship players and saying they will be over the moon . WE ARE ASTON VILLA do you know how huge our club is , we should be aiming as high as wolves in their first season, no actually higher as they are nowhere near our grand stature as a club and also grabbing the ballers they are linked with

Diagne is a player that im glad we are not linked with it seems like he wouldn’t make the grade here.. Jean Kevin Augustin on the other hand looks impressive and would fair well here also he has the potential to grow further. Between him and wesley at least one of them should prove worthy. Our main striker must hit 11/12 goals to be considered enough to cope with the premier league . 14+ goals means you are actually a good striker as this league proves even the best of players do not score for fun. Im also glad we didnt sign maupay hes a decent player dont get me wrong but as i stated we are AVFC and we are back with the big boys lets shoot for the stars and aim higher

Edited by RicRic

I can't see us spending £60m on a 28 year old striker. I also can't see the player coming here when half the big clubs in the league he just had a breakout season in are giving him the eyes as well. Just doesn't seem to fit with our business this summer.

In all honesty I can't see us spending that kind of money on anyone. I could see the striker target being a transfer record breaker but more like half that money. Top whack on a player at his peak after 1 excellent season in Italy? Not happening.

• Like 4

I've never seen Belotti play so can't comment on him as a player. All I know is, after searching his name online, I think there's absolutely no chance he's coming to us. Not if the the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd were quoted £90m a couple of years ago and West Ham being rebuffed for £60m. 

It we are in for another striker that wil significantly break our transfer record I can see it being for a fee of around £30m. Villa were big on scoring goals from set pieces and crosses last season so can see Deano going for a big target man who's good in the air. Zapata seems to fit that bill rather well although the transfer fee may have to be higher. Even then, it does seem to be a lot of money for a 28 year old. 

Would anyone be happy with Mitrovic from Fulham? He's only 24, knows the Premier League well and scored 11 goals for Fulham last season. He's good in the air and would probably cost us less than £30m. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Would anyone be happy with Mitrovic from Fulham? He's only 24, knows the Premier League well and scored 11 goals for Fulham last season. He's good in the air and would probably cost us less than £30m. 

Imho he doesnt fit what DS is trying to build.  He doesnt have good ball control, doesnt have a great passing range, and isnt particularly mobile.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Mitrovic signed a new long-term contract at Fulham less than a month ago...  100% not happening.

It's just a name plucked out of the air by me. Villa were by far the best team for scoring goals from crosses last season and I think it's something Dean Smith will look to continue. Therefore, I think our next striker will be someone who is tall and known to score plenty from crosses, which Mitrovic fits. However, I agree with others about his lack of movement. Also, the fact he has that new deal would probably put paid to him. 

Having trawled various sites looking for a player that fits the bill for us I think that if we're going to be spending around £30m on a player it'll be Yussuf Poulsen of RB Leipzig. It's unlikely because of him signing a new deal this year but he's 6ft 4in and can play all across the frontline. Scored 15 goals last season and is the right age at 25. Also scored against us last week. German clubs have until September 2nd to sign players so they'll have time to replace him. Also, they have Augustin, Werner and Lookman who can play up front already on their books. 

Hey, it's late and I can't sleep so I thought I'd just I would try to find someone out of the blue as a possible new striker. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biskitt said:

Absolutely no chance we could get Zapata imo, he'd have much bigger teams after him than us. Would love to be proved wrong though!

I thought the same about Haller to West Ham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I'm always surprised when I see his age...in my head he's 30

Yeah he kinda looks like he's out on early release from a 6-10 year stretch in the Big Joint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is Belotti's 15 goals and something like 2 assists in the Serie A for Torino really that greater an achievement than 30 goals in the Turkish league?

I know the Turkish league has Pape Cisse (who despite being good at Newcastle, his ambition far exceeded his talent) and Hugo Rodallega (forgot he existed) as top scorers.

2 hours ago, penguin said:

I thought the same about Haller to West Ham.

Yeah but they are a much more established premier league club than we are (at the moment) and are also in London which is a selling point to players. Just can't see this happening at all

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Is Belotti's 15 goals and something like 2 assists in the Serie A for Torino really that greater an achievement than 30 goals in the Turkish league?

I know the Turkish league has Pape Cisse (who despite being good at Newcastle, his ambition far exceeded his talent) and Hugo Rodallega (forgot he existed) as top scorers.

You have to remember the Italians invented defending.  1-0 is considered exciting. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1