Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

If claiming someone looks older than they are is now what constitutes racism, my girlfriend needs to be locked up...  She calls me "Old Man" on a daily basis...  😂

BTW, I made a joke about Obafemi Martins, who has admitted to being older than he claims to be, but refuses to say by how much...

https://www.burrardstreetjournal.com/obafemi-martins-admits-to-lying-about-age/

Some need to chill out.  Saying a player looks old then making some cracks about other players who have lied about their age is not racist.

It's not the joking about looking old part, it's the insinuation that they are lying about their ages. One guy doing it and then extrapolating that to every single African player that "looks" old is the racist part. Someone even once suggested Benteke was in or approaching his 30's when he was with us. Just utterly preposterous.

Glenn Whelan for example looks about 74 years old. He looks like he remembers Villa's first ever game. It would never cross anyone's mind to accuse him of lying about being a mid-80's baby who wasn't even alive during our European Cup win as unbelievable as it looks.

Edited by Keyblade

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Also that article posted about Obafemi Martins is satire. There has never been any evidence that Martins lied about his age, proving my point.

Hahaha...  You're right, that is great.

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

According to WhoScored Benrahma has started the game on:

Right: 10 times. 7 at Brentford, 3 at Nice

Centre: 3 times at Brentford

Left: 20 times. 19 at Brentford, 1 at Angers

Rest of his appearances came from the bench, new seasons started so I can't seem to find the data of how he performed in each position. But looks like can play either side but is most comfortable on the left.

He was down as a left winger in the Championship team of the season.

All this Fat Sam chat and the age of African players chat. Can't really work out if this is the bit between light and shadow or the bit between Science and superstition of the thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Which Constructicon is that? I had the right leg I think, as a toy 

All of them. Its Devastator. Ah. Beaten to it 

Edited by Mazrim

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's not the joking about looking old part, it's the insinuation that they are lying about their ages. One guy doing it and then extrapolating that to every single African player that "looks" old is the racist part. Someone even once suggested Benteke was in or approaching his 30's when he was with us. Just utterly preposterous.

Glenn Whelan for example looks about 74 years old. He looks like he remembers Villa's first ever game. It would never cross anyone's mind to accuse him of lying about being a mid-80's baby who wasn't even alive during our European Cup win as unbelievable as it looks.

It is not uncommon for an African to be issued their birth certificate a few years after they are born. This means they will have a real age (when they were born) and an official age (when they were issued a birth certificate). As far as fifa and any other institution is concerned, they must use the official age. The players aren't lying as that is the age on their legal document. 

I can't see him linking up with Brucie again, either...  Sitting on the bench all season to just come on and play ~15 minutes out of position isn't going to do him any good.

"I know you're a centre half, son, but this is a 'man's' league'.  You're going to be playing right back until you prove you can keep the ball out there or thereabouts!  Now, where did I leave my kabob..."

• Like 1

Axel on loan (to buy) is greedy but worthwhile. 

We all regard Axel as very very good and a future England player - think Harry Maguire @£80m. So if we can buy him next summer for say £25M then its worthwhile, it just delaying a purchase to a new FFP year. Do we think Engels is as good or will be as good? Its great competition.

• Like 1