Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, Linkert said:

It was a knee injury. I'm not sure if it's because of his injury, I'm not really sure. A new player joined Bruges last season for the same position, he replaced Nakamba more than well, but Nakamba still got a lot of chances, but didn't take them. Could be a matter of confidence combined with the injury, because he was out for several months.

He is playing it hard now, is in Paris and doesn't want to return to Bruges because he wants to leave. But Bruges are playing hard too, and I applaud that, a player should not be the boss, if everyone starts doing it that way...

His class is that he 'cleans up' many things as a defensive midfielder. He has very good defensive skills and can change an opponent attack into an attack for us in no time. He has a good view over the field, he was an unmissable key for the title for Bruges. I'd say with him in the form of 2 seasons ago, we would have taken it last season too.

Hmm, thank you! Quite a few question marks by the sounds of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Ha! Did you already comment on him in the Wesley thread? If not, what are your views on him?

Yes I did: This boy has lots of potential. Not a big scorer in Bruges, but very hard worker, keeping the defence busy and creating goal scoring opportunities for others. In the beginning lots of trouble with his temper but has improved hugely. Top deal in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Linkert said:

It was a knee injury. I'm not sure if it's because of his injury, I'm not really sure. A new player joined Bruges last season for the same position, he replaced Nakamba more than well, but Nakamba still got a lot of chances, but didn't take them. Could be a matter of confidence combined with the injury, because he was out for several months.

He is playing it hard now, is in Paris and doesn't want to return to Bruges because he wants to leave. But Bruges are playing hard too, and I applaud that, a player should not be the boss, if everyone starts doing it that way...

His class is that he 'cleans up' many things as a defensive midfielder. He has very good defensive skills and can change an opponent attack into an attack for us in no time. He has a good view over the field, he was an unmissable key for the title for Bruges. I'd say with him in the form of 2 seasons ago, we would have taken it last season too.

Did you watch him play during the African Cup recently? If so, did you think is performances were more like old him or the recent him?

I thought he looked decent and exactly like you said, he read the danger, broke up play and, sent his team away on the counter-attack. 

Just now, Villarocker said:

Did you watch him play during the African Cup recently? If so, did you think is performances were more like old him or the recent him?

I thought he looked decent and exactly like you said, he read the danger, broke up play and, sent his team away on the counter-attack. 

No I didn't, but that sounds like him indeed. I know the fans will feel frustrated if he leaves because he still has even more potential than now showing. But if this is the way he leaves, that frustration will turn against him I think. In Bruges we like loyalty and hard workers.

• Like 1

Having just read Deano's interview on the official site, I doubt we will be looking to buy as many players as some are expecting. He actually says that we are being linked with everyone and it's not the case. He said we haven't even looked at some of the players mentioned and that we have a bit more business to do. 

With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me now if we only sign a couple more players, which would probably be a defensive midfielder and a right-sided attacker. At a push, maybe another goalkeeper as we know that they've had bids rejected for at least two.  

6 minutes ago, Linkert said:

No I didn't, but that sounds like him indeed. I know the fans will feel frustrated if he leaves because he still has even more potential than now showing. But if this is the way he leaves, that frustration will turn against him I think. In Bruges we like loyalty and hard workers.

We like the same here. Never sign Ross McCormack or Fabian Delph!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I know, one of the reasons I became a Villa fan too, besides the great Dean Saunders!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Although Scott Hogan is very loyal and comes into training early. He’s some player, hopefully we won’t lose him. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Although Scott Hogan is very loyal and comes into training early. He’s some player, hopefully we won’t lose him. 

Will he cut it at PL level though Dave, this is the question.

As it stands it is hard to see where he will fit in? Backup to Laeo / Wesley perhaps?

About Nakamba, I don't know if you are aware about the match fixing proces against KV Mechelen and Waasland-Beveren in Belgium? A lot of people were arrested and/or interrogated. One of them was our coach from the last 2 seasons. Word has come out that he made the Club buy players for which he received a percentage. And he had to let them play too so he'd receive a profit from it. Coach denies it, and so far there's no proof of this at all. One of those players is Mats Rits who joined Bruges from KV Mechelen. He played on Nakamba's position. But nothing points in the direction that the coach did this to gain money. Nakamba had his chance right after his injury but didn't take it. He started 12 games last season and played as a sub too. Rits however, did very well too, the motor in the defensive midfield. I don't believe the accusations, but I can imagine this plays in the players head too (Nakamba). And if he has a 'manager' or how do you call it, who uses this argument to make the player crazy, you never know...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Linkert said:

I don't know if you are aware about the match fixing proces against KV Mechelen and Waasland-Beveren in Belgium? A lot of people were arrested and/or interrogated. One of them was our coach from the last 2 seasons. Word has come out that he made the Club buy players for which he received a percentage. And he had to let them play too so he'd receive a profit from it. Coach denies it, and so far there's no proof of this at all. One of those players is Mats Rits who joined Bruges from KV Mechelen. He played on Nakamba's position. But nothing points in the direction that the coach did this to gain money.

Sounds familar...

14999678-0-image-a-12_1561035950282.jpg

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

How much money do we have to spend, what is the limit and who sets this limit? Why can’t we spend £300 million in one summer for example?

If ffp is over a 3 year period surely we can counter balance a large transfer spend?

Because it is based on the previous 3 year period. 

• Like 1