Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Playing Devils advocate but remember last season when we didn’t sign a cb and the manager at the time was given jip for leaving the squad in a precarious position. Perhaps the owners struggle to get transfers over the line.....

That doesn't explain sending Elphick out on loan and playing Tuanzebe at right back

• Like 4

Italian clickbait site is linking us and palace to Fabio Borini  from Ac Milan .... for s striker with such a bad scoring record he has managed to play for some teams oh and Sunderland 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Italian clickbait site is linking us and palace to Fabio Borini  from Ac Milan .... for s striker with such a bad scoring record he has managed to play for some teams oh and Sunderland 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d20f2977367675077

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cahill is now 12-1 to join Palace and 14-1 to joint West Ham or Arsenal. 

If he doesn’t come to us surely he will join a London club. You could bet on all 3 and be up. 

I think his coming to us.

Even though its going complete against our transfer policy of buying players under 30? And he would want a massive contract. Can't see it myself.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Even though its going complete against our transfer policy of buying players under 30? And he would want a massive contract. Can't see it myself.

I didn’t know that was a policy?

You need one or two old heads. Like Wolves with Moutinho and City with Kompany.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Nobody said we'll never sign a player over 30 did they? We may not want to be doing it as a rule and rightly so. But in certain cases it might make sense, so shouldn't and I'm sure don't rule it out.

• Like 1

I expect we’ve made an offer to Cahill, but:

- on take-it-or-leave-it wages that are likely less than he wants;

- with no guarantee of a spot in the starting eleven.

If he can find a better offer, especially if it’s in London, I suspect he’ll take it. Clearly that hasn’t happened yet, and perhaps John Terry can influence him to take our offer over the others.

Reece Oxford as young DM/CB back up option .... ?! 

Rumoured to be available for £2-3million and fits Smiths developing of players . Lost his way somewhat but kid showed class when he first burst on the scene and maybe with a change of scenery he could prove an astute signing at that price. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

for 19/20 transfer spend so far, we sit 6th i think.

Still, sure the "spend" for most clubs will rocket in the coming weeks, so more "interesting" than remotely reflective currently.

1. Man City - 80m

2. Man Utd - 65m

3. Spurs - 64m

4. Wolves - 46m

5. Southampton - 49m

6. Villa - 48m

7. Chelsea - 40m

For reference, Norwich & Sheffield Utd have spent less than £500k between them so far.

Also interesting that the highest spending Championship side currently is Bristol City (15m), but they also sold Kelly for 15m, so zero sum really.

Brentford have spent 10m, i can only expect that they expect sales, as they probably wouldnt splash 10m with no expected income.

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Do we have to wait 8 seasons for that to happen as well?! 

You do know what happened to Ned right !?!?!

Let's hope we don't catch the thing he got.