Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm assuming you haven't watched Leeds every week. Surely stats over a season are more accurate than you watching a couple of games. 

What stats? And don't assume I only watched a couple of games. It's also the opinion of Leeds fans I speak to.

Edited by Mazrim

10 minutes ago, Savo'sleftpeg said:

If we got relegated, how?, with the price that's being supposedly asked for them? 

I was somewhat tongue in cheek when I was suggesting all three... 

We have a whole team to sort out.

On 01/07/2019 at 10:34, sir_gary_cahill said:

RHM has a lot more ability than what Gabby did, Gabby worked extremely and made the most of the ability he had. If RHM does the same which I expect he will do, then he’ll have a great career, RHM did better than Gabby did in his loan spells

Your supposed 'facts' dont tell the entire truth though do they SGC - as usual!

Gabby had 8 loan appearances in 2005 where he, 8ndeed, did not score.

However, in 2006 he played a number of games in the premier league, but to make it fair, i will only look at each players first 16 senior appearances.

Rhm played 16 and scored 2 in league 2.

Gabby played 8 in the champoinship and 8 in the prem scoring 4 times.

So gabbys stats are better.  So once again, you're wrong.

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

What stats? And don't assume I only watched a couple of games. It's also the opinion of Leeds fans I speak to.

Well the assumption is made because you are a Villa fan and not all Leeds games were televised last season. It would be a bit strange for you to have seen more Leeds games than Villa ones! 

The stats I looked at were via WhoScored. Not sure what their source is, Opta maybe? His average was 7.24, which was the same as Grealish. 

Also, someone's perception of a players ability can be quite different from the reality as different people focus on different attributes. 

Edited by Made In Aston

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

F me did every championship team have a Chelsea player on loan!

Yeah lol.

Abraham (Villa), Hector (Sheff Wed), Kane (Hull), Baker (Leeds), Blackman (Leeds), Kalas (Bristol), tomori (Derby), Mount (Derby), DaSilva (Bristol), Brown (Leeds), Palmer (Bristol), Chalobah (Ipswich), Reece (Wigan), afaik.

there were also numerous other Chelsea players on loan to league 2 and abroad.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

TREZ BIEN 

Aston Villa are set to make an £8million bid for Egypt’s highly-rated striker Mahmoud Trezeguet as their summer spending spree continues

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9421667/aston-villa-egypt-mahmoud-trezeguet/amp/

Isn’t he more of a left winger than striker ... Only concern would be he is still playing in the AFCON and we return to for pre-season tomorrow and will need a good break before starting with us... Oh and he isn’t Rafael Leao who for some unknown irrational reason I want us and expect us to sign .... 

Edit: yep he is a winger not a striker do we can get Leao as well

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trezeguet/profil/spieler/234189

Edited by thabucks

Just now, thabucks said:

TREZ BIEN 

Aston Villa are set to make an £8million bid for Egypt’s highly-rated striker Mahmoud Trezeguet as their summer spending spree continues

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9421667/aston-villa-egypt-mahmoud-trezeguet/amp/

Only concern would be he is still playing in the AFCON and we return to for pre-season tomorrow and will need a good break before starting with us... Oh and he isn’t Rafael Leao who for some unknown irrational reason I want us and expect us to sign .... 

reported by "The Sun".

Forget about it.

george hamilton fan GIF

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It means he is better than both of them. 

Of course he is. Every day of the week. APART from a Wednesday!

originally posted in wrong thread, sorry. Here is our link to the Egyptian Mbappe - looks good in the highlights vid, but who doesn’t?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

More realistic than Leao .... very skilful and at the rumoured price a potential bargain ... sign him up ... can we be greedy and have both the Portuguese and Egyptian Mbappe ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Your supposed 'facts' dont tell the entire truth though do they SGC - as usual!

Gabby had 8 loan appearances in 2005 where he, 8ndeed, did not score.

However, in 2006 he played a number of games in the premier league, but to make it fair, i will only look at each players first 16 senior appearances.

Rhm played 16 and scored 2 in league 2.

Gabby played 8 in the champoinship and 8 in the prem scoring 4 times.

So gabbys stats are better.  So once again, you're wrong.

Ok, I have been proven wrong once again but in my opinion, RHM has more natural ability than Gabby had, it’s not all about stats. Gabby had a great work ethic in his early years but then tailed off, RHM has a good attitude too I think, let’s see how far he can go. I’ve been bigging him up on here a lot over the past few years (RHM), let’s see what he can do

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Well the assumption is made because you are a Villa fan and not all Leeds games were televised last season. It would be a bit strange for you to have seen more Leeds games than Villa ones! 

The stats I looked at were via WhoScored. Not sure what their source is, Opta maybe? His average was 7.24, which was the same as Grealish. 

Also, someone's perception of a players ability can be quite different from the reality as different people focus on different attributes. 

I would say I probably watched maybe 8-10 Leeds matches last season.

Stats.. I've seen other stats rate Cooper higher. I pay little attention and trust what Im looking at. Cooper was marginally better. Both him and Jansson enjoyed better protection than most teams and I don't want either at Villa.

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

TREZ BIEN 

Isn’t he more of a left winger than striker ... Only concern would be he is still playing in the AFCON and we return to for pre-season tomorrow and will need a good break before starting with us... Oh and he isn’t Rafael Leao who for some unknown irrational reason I want us and expect us to sign .... 

I like this link, I hope it’s true. I’ve watched a fair bit of the SuperLig and he always stood out for me. Deceptive pace, brave, runs through tackles, doesn’t have the greatest close control but his quick footballing brain, boldness and long legs allow him to carve through defenders on mazy runs (shows up well in the vids). I think he’s an awkward player to defend. Will get caught lunging now and again, especially when the ball escapes him, has to be careful about that.

• Like 1