Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

https://medium.com/ram-blings/profiling-ball-playing-centre-backs-in-the-championship-113d4d085420

A thingy about Championship defenders in general, but look who is top of the "The cream of the crop" section.

Found this an interesting read, thanks for sharing. No idea if we are in for Webster but that article highlights the sort of things I’m hoping our scouts and Dean Smith are looking for, so... 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

By the same taken, we can’t just have a team of kids, we paid the price for that in 15/16 when we got relegated 

Actually who took us down were the senior players, as Richards and Lescott.

At the same time, who took us up were Grealish, El Ghazi, McGin and Mings. All whom you'd say were kids apart from Mings.

Once you're good enough and ready then that's it. You don't have to be too experienced if you had the right personality.

Not to say anything bad about him, but we could have not been up because of Whelan mistake against the tesco bags.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Actually who took us down were the senior players, as Richards and Lescott.

At the same time, who took us up were Grealish, El Ghazi, McGin and Mings. All whom you'd say were kids apart from Mings.

Once you're good enough and ready then that's it. You don't have to be too experienced if you had the right personality.

Not to say anything bad about him, but we could have not been up because of Whelan mistake against the tesco bags.

I think you are correct, it was probably a couple of years before that when we had a Clark-Baker centre back partnership, we looked like a car crash at the back but miraculously stayed up

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

By the same taken, we can’t just have a team of kids, we paid the price for that in 15/16 when we got relegated 

The average age of those who played more than 20 games that season was 27 years and 4 months....I reckon we paid the price of being crap !🙂

• Thanks 1

So villareport has the gist of the "investigation" according  to the Times into AVFC financials in several tweets. 

1. Was signed off ok by EFL end of May

2. Books were handed over to Premier League last weekend as per normal. No reason they'll find any issues

3. Newspaper fishing expedition over valuation of Villa Park which doesn't seem overvalued at all. 

I don't think we have anything to worry about

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, terrytini said:

The average age of those who played more than 20 games that season was 27 years and 4 months....I reckon we paid the price of being crap !🙂

Must’ve been a few seasons before then, when we had the Clark-Baker partnership at the back

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Today's gonna be a good day.

I can feel it in my bones. 

That a probably just arthritis mate.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

interesting, a record fee also (but weirdly it says "record fee" but also "fee undisclosed"), rumour says 9m maybe.

seems they may be spending the Webster money already maybe?!?!

edit - Kalas played at Bristol last season as a regular, they are just making the loan permanent.

edit edit - they have signed Robby Cundy from Bath, he's a CD - not sure if first team material tho?

Makes perfect sense for a club to sign their wanted players (and replacement) before getting a wedge of money. I'd say this points towards Villa getting their man!

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought we were heavily linked with that Dutch huddesfield cb that's fine quiet and now it's Webster. 

I think its all guessing to be honest 

The first mention of Kongolo was someone on here and I said rubbish. 5 hours later was rumour on one of those junk sites then repeated by BM using junk site as source. Laughable

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

My message above, he's the guy to shoot. A tory fan as well. Ergh.

On another note, hope we get Webster, sounds like the sort of ball playing CB we need.

Who is it - Jeremy Twunt trying to sound cool? His dad was in the navy, you know! 

Agree with you on Webster. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

So villareport has the gist of the "investigation" according  to the Times into AVFC financials in several tweets. 

1. Was signed off ok by EFL end of May

2. Books were handed over to Premier League last weekend as per normal. No reason they'll find any issues

3. Newspaper fishing expedition over valuation of Villa Park which doesn't seem overvalued at all. 

I don't think we have anything to worry about

To be fair, I thought £57m for what is in effect a stadium situated within the grounds of a stately home, was cheaper than I expected. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

That a probably just arthritis mate.

But the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Anyways I went ahead a bought a lottery ticket. 

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The first mention of Kongolo was someone on here and I said rubbish. 5 hours later was rumour on one of those junk sites then repeated by BM using junk site as source. Laughable

I was first to suggest him on here just as suggestion nothing more and you're are right SportsPeteO tweeted it the next day.

But you didn't say rubbish at all after  :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

To be fair, I thought £57m for what is in effect a stadium situated within the grounds of a stately home, was cheaper than I expected. 

I thought the same tbh. The valuation is way under.

Spurs spent £1bn on their new stadium. Wembley was £800m. Arsenal £400m. Those figures are just from 2 second googling.

The 3/4 of the stadium is less than 30 years old. Uefa 4 star rated.

• Like 2