Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think Hourihane will do ok in the PL. if you look at his career he’s done better and better with better players around him, perhaps he’s reached his limit in the top of the Championship but I think with a solid defence behind him and good forwards he’ll do well.

Sorry for the OT, should have posted in the Hourihane thread

Agree mate. I think he can do a job. I was just comparing him with players like Carvello who  although had great stats in the Championship, didn’t quite look like a top player in my opinion.

• Like 1

Marvelous Nakamba 

Zimbabwe 

While he easily has the best name out of our seven picks, Marvelous Nakamba has often lived up to the adjective for Zimbabwe and Club Brugge. 

The 25-year-old has built up a reputation for being a hard worker and bullish in the centre of the park while his performances for in the Jupiler Pro League have attracted interest from Newcastle, Watford and Premier League returnees Aston Villa.

More impressively in the Champions League, Nakamba helped contain the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Monaco and Atletico Madrid as the Belgian side kept three clean sheets while conceding just four goals in five games.

Let's hope he stays true to his moniker over the next month.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7166733/Who-seven-lesser-known-stars-watch-Africa-Cup-Nations.html

Marvelous Nakamba link above being talked about as someone to watch in ACON.

Edited by Villan4Life

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

2016-2017 - 2 promoted teams relegated in their 1st season (boro + hull)

2017-2018 - all stayed up to be fair, but 2 of the 3 struggled and still are...1 just escaped relegation (brighton) last season and 1 was relegated (huddersfield)

2018-2019 - 2 promoted teams relegated in their 1st season (fulham + cardiff)

the step up is huge, in my opinion. the likes of bournemouth can cut it with the best of them and are a match for anyone in the league on their day...they finished 14th

Flip side:

2016-2017 - 1 out of 3 relegated teams got promoted, or even finished in the top 6 (Newcastle, 1st)

2017-2018 - 1 out of 3 relegated teams finished in the top 6 (Boro: 5th) - 0 promoted

2017-2018 - 1 out of 3 relegated teams finished in the top 6 (West Brom: 4th) - 0 promoted

Those last 2 seasons, Boro and West Brom kept pretty much the same team that got relegated (and in West Brom's case, added to it). Of the 9 relegated teams in those 3 seasons, only us, Sunderland and Swansea had any sort of real squad shake up or had financial issues. The gap is really not that wide.

On 06/06/2019 at 09:38, Visiting Ram said:

Well he got our player of the season and we don’t give it out lightly and yes you can forget wilson and his 18 goals or Mount  - Keogh was 2nd - Tomori isn’t great at corners but he is the fastest defender I have seen in a very long time and he plays football - we have our own intentions to get him back if we can - just a word on Keogh, we have had him 8 years and he plays every game because he has been excellent 

Nonsense - he is PL quality and he is a CB and you are going to need very quick ones - in the premiership £12 million is cheap  

Tomori showing with the U21s why he’s a long way from a PL CB - very weak

• Like 1

Romania U21 made Tomori look extremely bad.  Hagi and Coman look amazing, but hard to tell if that's only because our defence were woeful or vice versa. They've got cracking strikes on them both though.

Edited by MrBlack
Clarity

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A Romanian ITK ‘freelance journalist’ has tweeted Breaking news - 7m bid offered from a Premier League club.  I think it was tweeted after he scored.

Whats wrong with these people? 

😲😲😲 I thought every player signed in the PL cost £20m+!?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Okay definitely sign him up :D 

I've seen him play before a few times. Wasn't that impressed. Had ability, but was very very raw.  

What's a fun fact in that regards is that Hagi owns a club called vitoruul constanta. The nick name of the club is Hagi's kids. Hagi is also the manager. His son plays there iirc and is captain. The academy that promotes the youth is called the George Hagi academy. The club was founded by Hagi a decade ago and play in the top division.

And yes that's a true story. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've seen him play before a few times. Wasn't that impressed. Had ability, but was very very raw.  

What's a fun fact in that regards is that Hagi owns a club called vitoruul constanta. The nick name of the club is Hagi's kids. Hagi is also the manager. His son plays there iirc and is captain. The academy that promotes the youth is called the George Hagi academy. The club was founded by Hagi a decade ago and play in the top division.

And yes that's a true story. 

And the local brothel is known as Shagi.