Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Rondon scored a goal for every 237.18 minutes last season.

Raul Jimenez scored a goal for every 240.38 minutes last season. 

I'll take Jimenez-like production from a guy on a free.

I’d take him too, he busts his gut for the cause 

what amazed me about Rondon, is his name is José Salomón Rondón Giménez.

He could have chosen to be called Jose, or some variation of Salo or Salomon, or Gimenez.....or something else that is a variation or whatever.

But he chose Rondon.

Like.....Rondon?, not sure what u guys think of when u hear his name, but its not "Rondon", a friend really should have advised him better. :)

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

what amazed me about Rondon, is his name is José Salomón Rondón Giménez.

He could have chosen to be called Jose, or some variation of Salo or Salomon, or Gimenez.....or something else that is a variation or whatever.

But he chose Rondon.

Like.....Rondon?, not sure what u guys think of when u hear his name, but its not "Rondon", a friend really should have advised him better. :)

I think his name suits him perfectly, I bet there isn’t another Salomon Rondon in the world

Striker is probably the most difficult position to recruit for these days, especially when you're ambitious. There's a real dearth of top quality strikers (at all levels really) compared to recent eras. Guaranteed ~20 goals/season strikers generally only move to the very top clubs and that's where they typically reside anyway apart from breakout seasons like Benteke for us.

Instead of going hard trying to break the bank for a striker that won't even come here, we should be finding the next Benteke for cheaper. 20m for Maupay for example doesn't seem too bad when you look at it tbh. Then we can focus on spending the big bucks in other areas like CM, LB and maybe even CB or RW.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Striker is probably the most difficult position to recruit for these days, especially when you're ambitious. There's a real dearth of top quality strikers (at all levels really) compared to recent eras. Guaranteed ~20 goals/season strikers generally only move to the very top clubs and that's where they typically reside anyway apart from breakout seasons like Benteke for us.

Instead of going hard trying to break the bank for a striker that won't even come here, we should be finding the next Benteke for cheaper. 20m for Maupay for example doesn't seem too bad when you look at it tbh. Then we can focus on spending the big bucks in other areas like CM, LB and maybe even CB or RW.

I think we need at least 2.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I am actually not that worried about it. The fact that Tammy scored 21 goals in open play tell me we create a lot of chances.  Lots of strikers would do well for us. What's hard is finding the extrordinary ones that can score on their own out of nothing. Bit like Benteke did for us. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we need at least 2.

Possibly. Kodjia could possible do the job, but depends how he does pre season I reckon. If we got a decent offer I can see him being shipped off. Depends what Smith thinks, and he certainly hasn’t been adverse to using him so far. 

Granted long term we will need someone but I think 1 striker for now is a priority. A back up striker is much lower down the pecking order IMO.

The one thing that pisses me off every season is being told players won't come here. Bollocks.

Wolves have assembled a very good squad full of players that "wouldn't go there" and they have less resources than we have.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

The one thing that pisses me off every season is being told players won't come here. Bollocks.

Wolves have assembled a very good squad full of players that "wouldn't go there" and they have less resources than we have.

Players go wherever they get the highest wages. All this talk of I want to play CL football or I want to move to a bigger club is code for I want more money. 

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am actually not that worried about it. The fact that Tammy scored 21 goals in open play tell me we create a lot of chances.  Lots of strikers would do well for us. What's hard is finding the extrordinary ones that can score on their own out of nothing. Bit like Benteke did for us. 

In 46 games against Championship opponents.

Everything will be more difficult this season. Not saying it cant be done, but we have loads of work ahead.

Early days but I think we could build something with our new owners, Smith and the few players we have left.

But it will take something special and at least one or two players who rises to the challenge beyond what we dared hope.