Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

In terms of Keepers, I know we have made an £8m bid for Cardiff's Neil Etheridge which has been rejected, failing that I think Nick Pope at Burnley is also a good keeper we should go after.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He was brought in as an emergency January signing for the Championship because Nyland was hopeless. We've now stepped up a level and have a summer transfer window, so it's not that crazy to move him on again if Smith's decided he's not good enough. We could of course keep him on for another season and let him fight for a place, but my sense is that there's nothing in his career record so far to suggest he's a PL keeper.

I can imagine Neil Cutler has HUGE input into this as he seems a very respected part of the backroom staff.

Alarm bells go off when/if Cutler doesn't think he can coach these into top keepers.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KMitch said:

IDK...  Strange one to me.  More of a Box-To-Box type midfielder.  Reminds me a lot of Hourihane with a better tackle, but a worse shot. 

That sounds like a better Hourihane to be fair.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On the team spirit & togetherness subject...if we sort permanent deals for the loan players (Mings, Hause, El Ghazi, Abraham) then that won’t be such an issue or concern as they were a massive part of our success and integrated so well - can’t really remember when there was such a strong bond and relationship between players and fans and it’s especially rare, or even unique, when we didn’t actually own some of these key figures.

Grealish & McGinn are our own, most important players so if we could add the loanees to them then we would still have a good group, it might not have to be the complete overhaul that many are anticipating. We do need to strengthen in key positions though and try to get some squad depth.

I just can’t help but feel impatient, would like to see these guys signed and sorted and then get other targets in. Would be good to have the “spine” of our team set in place. 

Have a lot of faith in our management team though, so far they’ve made the right decisions - releasing and offloading the right players, none of whom would’ve been up to the standard required and would not have contributed much at all.

Just waiting for reinforcements now and we need a lot! Have to be patient (as difficult as that is!).

UTV

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Captain. Defensive midfielder. Long term player and a home grown success. Kind of like our Grealish but defensively minded. Get him in.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Daniel Sturridge anyone? 

As long as the contract is reasonable (maybe loaded with performance / appearance bonuses) I wouldn’t say no.

would honestly consider moreno as a LB tho, we need a new LB, he wouldnt command a fee, just need to make sure the contract is the right one.

Hes only 26 also, could have some resale value if he performs?

only issue might be the nuts wages he would probably want.....

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Alberto Moreno as our new LB anyone? :)

Wasn’t he almost a complete liability for Liverpool, always out of position and responsible for many conceded goals?

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Captain. Defensive midfielder. Long term player and a home grown success. Kind of like our Grealish but defensively minded. Get him in.

not so sure, a 5ft 6 / 5 ft 7in defensive midfielder in the Prem?, not so sure thats a recipe for success?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Wasn’t he almost a complete liability for Liverpool, always out of position and responsible for many conceded goals?

no idea tbh, he hasnt played much in the last 12 months, was he really that bad?

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

would honestly consider moreno as a LB tho, we need a new LB, he wouldnt command a fee, just need to make sure the contract is the right one.

The only issue might be that he’s shit! 

• Haha 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

no idea tbh, he hasnt played much in the last 12 months, was he really that bad?

Awful mate. Klopp would rather play Milner as left back than Moreno. As you say he is probably on decent money so happy to hang around playing a few minutes here and then.

He is definitely an athlete and maybe can improve defensively. But he was always a massive liability for Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Awful mate. Klopp would rather play Milner as left back than Moreno. As you say he is probably on decent money so happy to hang around playing a few minutes here and then.

He is definitely an athlete and maybe can improve defensively. But he was always a massive liability for Liverpool. 

probably avoid him then :)

I probably made the usual mistake of 1) never seen him play, 2) plays for Liverpool so cant be that bad?, 3) has spain caps so cant be that bad?, 4) still only 26.

But ye, if he is that bad then NOPE :P

• Like 1

Moreno was slammed when Liverpool gave away a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 in the Champs League. Robertson took over after that.

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

No thank you.