The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

22 minutes ago, Xann said:

National news HD, London news SD.

You get ambient sounds of children playing on the HD channels when local programs are on.

Amateur broadcasters usually have one channel and it's quite straightforward.

Youtube, who have plenty of resources, deals with matters such as transcoding for their users.

Lots of streams for lots of devices, perhaps with regional audio and geo locking gets complex.

I worked for a satellite news gathering team until the contract vanished overseas in a puff of Brexit, btw.

It's getting some love now, focus is shifting from Salford cos it's built.

Since Salford the BBC got in an outsider as technical lead.

He's not London or Salford centric, or Oxbridge or white.

The revolution is being planned at Wood Norton, in Worcestershire.

Stopped at Wood Norton for some training. Great place. Particularly like the 'secret nuclear bunker' signs they have there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Stopped at Wood Norton for some training. Great place. Particularly like the 'secret nuclear bunker' signs they have there.

Been in the doomsday bunker studio, but @Mandy Lifeboats has seen much more of the post apocalypse stuff there than I.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Good debate by the way. 

I love how on VT we can all express opinions and have these debates without the name calling/anger etc you get on other platforms. 

**** off I don’t agree 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Who's been banned by the BBC football for expressing the wrong opinion?

Not sure Lineker is approved of by "the left", either. Some stuff he's said has been, some hasn't been popular with "the left".

ALl the reporting says that he has no such clause, that the BBC wanted to insert one (PFK) on Friday and he refused to accept that and was told not to turn up for work. It's probably legal so far, but I doubt they can legally pot him for it, because there's no breach of contract/code of conduct.

I specifically didn't mention the BBC because the likes of Andy Gray and Big Ron were working for other companies.

It would be impossible to avoid upsetting the left because the ideology sets no boundaries.

Lineker is an "officer and gentleman" so he won't have his honour impugned, they will just pay him off, if it comes to the worst - after all, what's a few million when you get £5bn from the punters.

6 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I specifically didn't mention the BBC because the likes of Andy Gray and Big Ron were working for other companies.

It would be impossible to avoid upsetting the left because the ideology sets no boundaries.

Lineker is an "officer and gentleman" so he won't have his honour impugned, they will just pay him off, if it comes to the worst - after all, what's a few million when you get £5bn from the punters.

The only person setting no boundaries here seems to be you tbh. If you use 'The left' and 'the ideology' the way you just did there I'm sure you can confirm whatever you want to think. What a boundless statement. In reality there's no ideology, of course, known as 'the left', or 'left', but just as many different types of people and opinions as you find anywhere.

If it makes it easier for you to make sweeping statements go ahead though.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i don't know why you'd tune in to MOTD then. you can just watch what the highlights on youtube 30mins after the game's finished

Exactly this, why anyone complains about Match of the Day, it’s all available without any punditry hours before the show is aired.

As already stated elsewhere, I only ever watch it when Villa have won and even then it’s not a definite. 

@bobzy got it right, if there’s an appeal to the show for me, it’s the reasonably brief overview they give about a particular incident or performance.

I don’t value their opinion anymore than say, the football ramble or fan channels - which are often more passionate and detailed. It’s that the MOTD has a sort of “official” feel to it. That’s not the best word, but I can’t think of a better one.

They’re perhaps not likely to slag off their mates in the game but if there’s a contentious discussion I might be interested in their view as they are “closer” to the game and the people concerned, basically to see which way they fall - and how consistent they are in that opinion.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Good debate by the way. 

I love how on VT we can all express opinions and have these debates without the name calling/anger etc you get on other platforms. 

Oh **** off. 

• Haha 1

So beeps has now 'apologies' , let's hope we people won't forget this so easily. Something needs to change.

Well ignore this, they only apologies for the lack of coverage of sports, not the whole saga. So **** them still

Edited by HongKongVillan

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

So beeps has now 'apologies' , let's hope we people won't forget this so easily. Something needs to change.

They've apologised to football fans for the inconvenience, not for what they've actually done.

46 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It’s amusing you’d post this considering this whole saga is because the right are upset. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I didn't think it was signposted?  It's still in use and secured 24/7.   It's the UK's worst kept secret.  

Right wing government stooges get upset at legitimate criticism of things senior politician says, up against someone using an offensive racial slur directly targeted at an individual.

The more I think about it the more **** ridiculous it is to try and use that comparison to play the role of the enlightened centrist.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I didn't think it was signposted?  It's still in use and secured 24/7.   It's the UK's worst kept secret.  

Maybe my mind is playing tricks but I thought there were signs. Maybe just within the grounds. Or maybe I'm imagining it. It's been a while.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â