The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

I largely agree but at the same time we’ve spent the last few days not talking about this governments egregious approach to immigration. They will be laughing their heads off. 

There's two ways o0f looking at that, this week was supposedly the second week of Sunak's rehabilitation measures. Last week he got completely upstaged by Hancocks Whatsupdoc messages, This week, this. Both weeks his attempts at improving his profile have been totally blown out of the water by other events, And worse that that this week, the Lineker saga really has let the rabid dogs out of the Tory box again. Any chance of appearing more sensible has been shot

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I don't think he makes any move without thinking it through first, and he would have predicted the consequences of his posts.

I agree with much of what you said but on the above I don't think he would have predicted anything like what has occurred. I think it is being lost, due to the right wing rags/Tories/right wing snowflakes going OTT what this whole furore is about. He simply said "We take far fewer refugees than other major European countries. This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30's." That's it. Something I think most people with a reasonable amount of intelligence and reasonable views on the world and history would agree with. Even if you don't it certainly wasn't that controversial to have garnered the reaction it did and it should never have garnered the consequences that have followed and there is no way Lineker could/should have foreseen it. 

We have allowed a few right wing throbbers/snowflakes to use what he said as a distraction to what we should really be focused on which is the cruel policy and dangerous language of the home secretary. The language that Linekers tweet actually referred to.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I didn’t understand the no commentary thing, I guess it was recorded at the time. Why didn’t they play it out?

The commentators refused to commentate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Staggeringly boring watching teams I don't really care about 'kick a ball around'.

↑↑

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just realised, are you being sarcastic? Hard to tell on a forum.

Not at all. It's the bit above that's important.

Just now, AvonVillain said:

↑↑

Not at all. It's the bit above that's important.

Ahhhh apologies, I love watching football so I enjoy it….obviously Villa is my passion but put any top level English game on tv and I’ll be happy as Larry for a couple of hours.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Amusing to hear the talk of grey areas on the BBC today, various talking heads insinuating that nothing is clear cut...

Also amusing is the absolute lack of balance, nobody is putting an alternative view of the situation across

EDIT: and as they've wheeled out some former BBC heads, maybe they could have invited Greg Dyke on, his view isn't the same as these people. They had him on Radio 4 but not on LKs programme. Balance my arse

If there are grey areas and nothing is clear cut then you absolutely don't ban someone from their job. 

They had one on earlier saying there appeared to be a "technical breach" 

Not sure how that differs from a non technical breach but they didn't ask exactly what that technical breach was. Ask him to define exactly what it meant. But if was the headline there appears to be a technical breach that was on the front page. 

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Being reported Lineker will return next week after agreement reached.

Breaking news just said talks are moving in the right direction but still issues to resolve. 

I bet they're asking him to sign a new agreement relating to social media use. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If there are grey areas and nothing is clear cut then you absolutely don't ban someone from their job. 

They had one on earlier saying there appeared to be a "technical breach" 

Not sure how that differs from a non technical breach but they didn't ask exactly what that technical breach was. Ask him to define exactly what it meant. But if was the headline there appears to be a technical breach that was on the front page. 

BBC have been in damage control mode all day with very little balance

28 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Being reported Lineker will return next week after agreement reached.

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Breaking news just said talks are moving in the right direction but still issues to resolve. 

I bet they're asking him to sign a new agreement relating to social media use. 

Haha, this is like a football transfer :lol:

Where’s Fabrizio Ramano with his “let’s goooo” post on social media?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Haha, this is like a football transfer :lol:

Where’s Fabrizio Ramano with his “let’s goooo” post on social media?

Go with sidcow on this one. I am tier 5 where as I reckon he is around tier 2.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Go with sidcow on this one. I am tier 5 where as I reckon he is around tier 2.

Nah, I'm more of a Villareport just regurgitating the BBC. 

• Haha 3

It's a little bit ironic at this time, that outside of BBC’s headquarters in London there is a statue of George Orwell along with a quote: “If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

of course, the corollary to this might be:

If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to hear what you do not want to hear.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â