The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

I can't stand the BBC, but I also don't care much for Linekar. You'd think there wasn't another sports presenter on the planet who could replace him by the way the news is being reported. I haven't watched MOTD in years, mainly because I find the opinions of Gary, Alan, and co so dull.

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I can't stand the BBC, but I also don't care much for Linekar. You'd think there wasn't another sports presenter on the planet who could replace him by the way the news is being reported. I haven't watched MOTD in years, mainly because I find the opinions of Gary, Alan, and co so dull.

Pretty broad, you can’t stand all elements of the BBC?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

That’s really ok but you realise this actually isn’t about your or anyone's opinion about football pundits or a football programme?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Other people have said the same, but nothing you've written is related to the point. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Out of curiosity i would imagine.

If this carries on, it'll drop off a cliff.

Yeah, it was just curiosity / no publicity is bad publicity.  It was an awful watch and people really wouldn't bother in future. 

I mean if John Redwood thought it was good that's a guarantee it was awful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

Enjoyed MOTD much more last night without all the pointless yakking. It shows how much of the program is filler when the highlights are only 20 minutes.

Seriously, your enjoyment or otherwise of the programme isn't relevant

• Like 4

Watched out of curiosity and couldn't get through it. Quickly realised how important the human interaction / intervention is here. Staggeringly boring watching teams I don't really care about 'kick a ball around'. Seemed almost pointless without the commentary and analysis, no matter how much we may agree or disagree with what's being said.

• Shocked 1

The BBC fears it cannot sack Gary Lineker or force him to follow social media rules on impartiality because of ambiguities in his contract, The Independent understands.

The corporation would be forced to pay millions if they wanted to oust Lineker and would probably lose any legal claim brought by the Match of the Day presenter, senior figures believe.

Lineker, who was forced off air after comparing the government's asylum policy to language used in 1930s Germany, is understood to be on a two-year contract negotiated before current director general Tim Davie was appointed.

Mr Davie has repeatedly emphasised the importance of the BBC’s impartiality and led a crackdown on BBC stars making political comments on social media.

But Lineker’s contract was already in place and has not been updated, handing an important advantage to the presenter as the dispute intensifies.[...]

Indie

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Watched out of curiosity and couldn't get through it. Quickly realised how important the human interaction / intervention is here. Staggeringly boring watching teams I don't really care about 'kick a ball around'. Seemed almost pointless without the commentary and analysis, no matter how much we may agree or disagree with what's being said.

How do you get on going to Villa Park watching a live game without commentary and analysis and just grown men kicking a ball around? 😉😂😂😂

36 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Just realised, are you being sarcastic? Hard to tell on a forum.

Amusing to hear the talk of grey areas on the BBC today, various talking heads insinuating that nothing is clear cut...

Also amusing is the absolute lack of balance, nobody is putting an alternative view of the situation across

EDIT: and as they've wheeled out some former BBC heads, maybe they could have invited Greg Dyke on, his view isn't the same as these people. They had him on Radio 4 but not on LKs programme. Balance my arse

There's a lot to admire about Lineker and the same total control over his emotions, which meant he never got a red or yellow card, he applies with equal care to everything he does.

I don't think he makes any move without thinking it through first, and he would have predicted the consequences of his posts.

He has a very rare talent and would certainly have had a successful career in any field he chose, especially politics.

I think it amounts to a kind of genius.

• Like 1

Â