The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

34 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

If Lineker was espousing say anti-vaxxer rhetoric I don't think people would be as keen to deride BBC's position. 

You've taken two extremes and said they should be seen in the same way. He has said something factually accurate. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/entertainment-arts-64895316

"When asked if he would remove other presenters like Lord Sugar, Chris Packham or Karren Brady who also give their opinions, he said: "the current guidelines as they exist today... do draw distinction between those people who are seen as pan-BBC figures... that are different to those appearing on programmes."

What the hell does that even mean?

How do you become a pan-BBC figure rather than someone who appears on programmes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

It means its bullshit and everyone can see that

Yes he is spouting absolute tripe. I'd say if anything your average Joe would be more inclined to see Alan Sugar as nothing more than the guy off the BBC show the Apprentice than you would see Gary Lineker guy off the BBC show Motd. Anyone over 40 would certainly think of Gary Lineker and think decent footballer first and foremost rather than his 1 hour 20 mins a week, for 9 months of the year, association with the BBC.

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

But that would be because nothing Lineker said was inaccurate, whereas anti vax bullshit is scientifically proven to be dangerous rubbish pushing people in to the arms of right wing nut job conspiracy theorists.

It just isn’t a comparison of equal ideas.

I never claimed the ideas were equal ... But your reply does imply you would be in favour of "cancelling" people who promote inaccurate ideas.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can find all that on YouTube or Audible! 

What news is this? YouTube commissioned Cerys Matthew's’ Sunday morning programme?

Genuine news to me, cheers.

1 hour ago, Harkanon said:

You say it's clear, but they don't seem to define "TV" which to me seems a bit of an oversight. Unless I'm being stupid. Is CNN TV? Is a live stream of a rocket launch on YouTube TV? Do they mean specifically UK produced programmes? Or any programmes that are shown on TV in the UK, but then does that include, say, clips of Hey Duggee on YouTube?

I don't think it's clear at all.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I had no idea who Nadine or Cerys Mathew were. Had to google them both. 

Surely you can live without the BBC?

You should watch it all.

But go from 2:40 if you don’t want to.

He’s spot on.

edit - NSFW

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â